what does a coach bag come with?

i'll be buying my first coach this week (yaaay) and i want to make sure i leave the shop with everything that my coach bag was supposed to come with. i read about some lv owners not getting boxes with their purses and such, and i don't want that to happen to me. what will my coach bag come with? a dustbag, box, both, or none? and should i be getting any envelopes with information inside, etc. like lv bags have?

You can also ask for a box if you want to store it in that. It's a sturdy gift box basically. Also, as mentioned above, the bags from the full price store come with a dugstbag (even if purchased at the outlet)...only the MFF (made for factory) bags don't come with a dustbag, which on a side rant, bothers me since they cost as much as many of the FP bags.

If you get your purse from the FP, you should get the following:

- purse :P
- care card slipped into the interior side pocket
- price tag
- dustbag
- tissue paper
- sticker

To ensure you get the whole nine yards, you might want to request for a gift box and bow explicitly cause that's what I do :lol: I don't want them to "forget". I'm not too worried about the paperbag though since they ought to give you one to carry your new Coach out of their boutique ;)

I don't have any shopping experience in Coach factory outlets so I can't comment much on that other than you might want to check for a dustbag inside the purse you are holding and wanting to purchase before paying for it. If there is no dustbag in the purse you are holding and you are anal about it like me, then you probably need to pull one out from the other purse (as suggested by one tPFer's SA) for yours :graucho:

Yea. Usually do not get a dustbag if you get a bag from the outlet.

I think i have maybe once. Of course, i think we are all agreed that i have some snotty people working at my outlet. Not that im bitter or anything. LOL

Yea. Usually do not get a dustbag if you get a bag from the outlet.

I think i have maybe once. Of course, i think we are all agreed that i have some snotty people working at my outlet. Not that im bitter or anything. LOL

If you buy a bag from the outlets that was originally a FP retail bag, then it should have a dustbag in it because it was boutique. Otherwise yeah, MFF bags don't come with dustbags.

I have my share of Coach. You are going to LOVE IT. If you are buying from a boutique make sure you get a box. (I haven't done this and really wish I had) Keep your receipt and all paperwork in a safe place. If you ever decide to resell the bag these items will help your bag to maintain its value on the resale market. They are important factors in proving authenticy.

Whenever I purchase a bag from the full price store I always requested that it be gift wrapped since it's a gift to myself.

Also, I have never purchased a bag from the outlet that didn't come with a dust bag, but you definetly have to check them first in case someone pulled it out.

All of my FP bags from the outlet came with a dustbag.

Also, re: the original post... when did LV bags start coming with an envelope with info? I thought only fake LV's came with that??

thank you all SO much! i'll definitely try and remember to ask for everything ;D

will the SA take my bag from the shelf, or go in the back room to bring out another bag of the same style? is there anything i should check the bag for? is it rude to request another bag if there is a defect with the one i'm being given? :S

and queenlouis: i *thought* i saw lv owners posting pictures of envelopes, but it could have very well been a fake i was looking at on another site earlier (don't worry, i'd never support counterfeiters)