What do you wear with COLORFUL bags??

I'm wicked girly in the aspect I wear tons of pink/purple/turquoise/ with jeans, brown or khaki pants! ALL my bags are colorful, I just match em with my shoes, shirt, and even my converse shoes!

With a really colorful bag my clothes tend to be subdued (black, brown , or pink (if it will match the bag) with some jeans or khaki/black pants). If I am carrying a black bag then I can wear black or a really colorful shirt.

I also plan my outfits around my bag and not the other way around!

I think as long as you don't clash too much you can wear colorful bags with anything. They pop against neutrals or contrasting colors. They blend and look chic with matching colors. They add depth to an outfit with colors in a similar range. I would just stay away from wearing shirts with crazy patterns with patchwork bags or something of that sort... that might look a bit busy!

I wear colorful bags with EVERYTHING...like others have said, just make sure the colors don't clash completely...other than that, go for it! Thats what Spring/Summer is all about! :tup:

As long as it's not one of the rare colors that completely clash with one another, I think anything is fine.

I am also notorious for wearing head to toe black with the exception of a hot colored bag. I love this look.

Neutrals work of course, but don't be afraid to mix up colors - as long as they are in the same "family" it works - you can wear red shoes and carry another color (not just a neutral) bag and it works. It's more modern to not match your outfits especially your bags/shoes. Also, if you have a print on that has multiple colors, it's cool to pull out one color for your bag and another for your shoes! What Not to Wear on TLC is a great show to TIVO for tips on colors.

Well, obviously neutral colors like black, brown, and grey will work well with colorful bags, but I also think you can mix and match colorful outfits with colorful bags. For example, if you are wearing a top or skirt with different colors on it, you can always match the bag to those colors. Also, I think you could pair a bag that is in a contrasting color to your outfits too (I guess it all depends on the outfit and color of your bags!).

Couldn't have said it better! :tup:

Well, obviously neutral colors like black, brown, and grey will work well with colorful bags, but I also think you can mix and match colorful outfits with colorful bags. For example, if you are wearing a top or skirt with different colors on it, you can always match the bag to those colors. Also, I think you could pair a bag that is in a contrasting color to your outfits too (I guess it all depends on the outfit and color of your bags!).

ITA!! This is exactly what I do... I wear a lot of browns, so that goes with a lot of colored bags!! I tend to wear the outfit to fit the bag I want to carry, and not the other way around! :P

Great responses everyone! You have inspired me! Now I just have to decide what is next on my wish list! I absolutely fell in love with the magenta pleated ergo when it came out, but I also love the orange....hmmm...decisions, decisions.