What Do You Wear When Carrying Your Alma?

wild child

O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
Hi everyone,

With all the talk about the new vernis alma PM i'm actually quite tempted to get the new silver vernis alma, it's so pretty. But i've always considered the vernis almas to be dressier bags and i'm really more of a casual gal. I'm trying to decide if it will be worth it for me to get or if I should stick to my plan and get a Bal City. Thoughts?

So I was just wondering, what do the vernis alma owners wear when carrying their bag.

I don't have an Ama but the great thing about this bag is that it can go either way. It can look amazing with jeans, slacks or a dress. It's a really versatile piece, imo.

I know the Vernis Alma looks really dressy, but I'm planning to actually dress her down with casual outfits as well!

I have my eyes on 2 colours, but first dibs is on Amarante and on the first day (night) she will come out with me with:

1) lighter wash boyfriend denim
2) satin trimmed white v-neck tee
3) a piece of statement necklace
4) of course, the bag!

:lolots:

Can't believe I already have everything (minus number 4) hung up in my closet, ready to go. Haha.

I actually was thinking exactly what you were thinking a few weeks ago. That the Alma was to dressy for my casual style. However, when I held it in my casual clothes in the store I started to like it better. I also thought I could put a scarf on it to dress it down. It changed my mind! I want one now..

I have wondered this myself. I am a casual girl all the way! But I LOVE the alma. Good to know that I could wear it casual and not look odd....might have to give the alma a good look when I am in NYC!!!!

The Alma can seem a bit dressy but I absolutely don't think that just because a bag is "dressy" you have to be dressed up! Ithink it looks great when you wear it with casual clothes. Of course it can go with a more dressed up look as well, but I love when you wear the it with a pair of jeans and a nice sweater/blouse, I think it looks so great :yes:

I know the Vernis Alma looks really dressy, but I'm planning to actually dress her down with casual outfits as well!

I have my eyes on 2 colours, but first dibs is on Amarante and on the first day (night) she will come out with me with:

1) lighter wash boyfriend denim
2) satin trimmed white v-neck tee
3) a piece of statement necklace
4) of course, the bag!

:lolots:

Can't believe I already have everything (minus number 4) hung up in my closet, ready to go. Haha.
lol you sound like the plans I'm doing for the next day after I buy the Alma PM or Alma BB. I have not yet decided, I'll be checking out both sizes hopefully on release date. ;)

i have the mono alma and cant wait to get the vernis alma pm. i wear my mono alma with everything, she looks great with pants and sky high shoes but also looks great with a t-shirt and ballet flats. i plan to wear the vernis alma the same as my mono