What do you wear if you can't wear flats, boots aren't right & tennis shoes are a no?

PixieGirl

Nov 13, 2007
I looked through my shoe closet just now and I have boots, heels and flats. We are going to NYC this weekend and since I work from home, when Im traveling is the only time I have to dress up and look cute.

I broke my little toe about 2 and a half months ago but the Dr. said it'll be another month or so before it is healed completely so I cannot walk around the city in heels, I have a couple pair of boots that are super comfortable with an inch wedge but they do not go well with the dress and tights I want to wear and my go-to Reva flats that I've worn to walk all over walking cities when traveling and back and forth on daily walks to the grocery store and such when I lived in France last year feel too thin for too much walking lately.

So what do you wear? I am looking for a great stylish shoe that will work well when we move to the UK next month also.

Wow, tough. When I broke my foot, I had somewhat of the same dilemma. To be honest, there's no stylish shoe that fits that description. I didn't wear straight up tennis shoes, but I wore these sleek sketchers in black that had rhinestones on the sides...they were pretty nice. Plus I could put custom inserts into them so I had support. Trust me, you'd rather heal than look a bit unstylish for a while.

wow this is really tough...

How about boots like the MATILDE's. They have this low low wedge and will look good in anything skirt or pants

THere is a lookalike steve madden INTYCE that is much cheaper also!!!

otherwise find a cute bootie that is shearling lined and maybe low wedge heel again to support your feet.

Also, check taryn shoes. SHe is a podiatrist and makes shoes that not that fashion forward but still cute and very comfortable.

Check DSW.com for her shoes.

good luck!

I found one bootie with a rubbery wedge thing that looks somewhat cute but the boot has a bit of a squared off toe and I'd prefer more round. I wouldn't be so picky except even after my toe is completely healed, I want this to still be an okay/somewhat cute shoe to run around when we move to a walking city next month. I have the Steve Madden Intyce boots and those have been my comfortable go to boot the last week or so since I've stopped wearing my walking boot but they they do not complement the dresses I want to wear.

PixieGirl, sorry to hear about your toe! UGGs may be a good solution- even though they are not the most fashionable. They are not rigid and will also keep you warm!

PixieGirl, sorry to hear about your toe! UGGs may be a good solution- even though they are not the most fashionable. They are not rigid and will also keep you warm!

I agree. They are like walking around in house slippers. I'm addicted to those fugly lovelies....:smile:

These are the shoes I bought yesterday that are really comfortable but my boyfriend called them orthopedic shoes his mom would wear.

I guess a lot of my problem is I am so frustrated w/ not being able to wear cute shoes. This is the first time in 2 years we have lived in a city where we drove from place to place instead of walking and I was so excited to wear all the gorgeous heels I own again then I broke my toe at the end of August and have been living w/ this disgusting walking boot for the past 2 and a half months. My doctor said it will still be painful while it heals for another month or so but that I could wear regular shoes but by the time my month is up we will be back in another walking city and out the door goes my hopes of wearing cute shoes and it will be back to Uggs everyday. I know in NYC we will do a good deal of walking so I think I finally decided I am going back to the walking boot while we are there so as not to injure myself but I still want to wear something decently cute on both feet for dinner.

Word to the wise: Immovable objects are not your friend when feet are involved.

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 115
These are the shoes I bought yesterday that are really comfortable but my boyfriend called them orthopedic shoes his mom would wear.

I guess a lot of my problem is I am so frustrated w/ not being able to wear cute shoes. This is the first time in 2 years we have lived in a city where we drove from place to place instead of walking and I was so excited to wear all the gorgeous heels I own again then I broke my toe at the end of August and have been living w/ this disgusting walking boot for the past 2 and a half months. My doctor said it will still be painful while it heals for another month or so but that I could wear regular shoes but by the time my month is up we will be back in another walking city and out the door goes my hopes of wearing cute shoes and it will be back to Uggs everyday. I know in NYC we will do a good deal of walking so I think I finally decided I am going back to the walking boot while we are there so as not to injure myself but I still want to wear something decently cute on both feet for dinner.

Word to the wise: Immovable objects are not your friend when feet are involved.

No offense but your boyfriend is right, they are really bad.

I broke a non weight bearing bone in my foot last year in August and it sucked. When I stopped wearing the boot I just wore flat shoes for a while, mostly boots like were already mentioned and chucks.

I either wear Fiorentini & Baker boots (Eternity) or ballerinas, depending on the weather. Have you considered getting oxfords/brogues? They're a good in-between solution if you don't want boots or ballerinas and they're warm enough for the current temps. Plus they work well with both dresses/skirts and jeans. My friend got some cute ones when she visited me in Europe and swears by them now. And having just returned from the UK, I can tell you they're very fashionable there. If you find they're not supportive enough of your broken toe, you can always insert a softer insole.

No offense taken Jordan! I had been trying to convince myself they weren't so terrible and that no one would even notice my shoes but by this morning I had already decided to return them.