What do you wear for super casual days?

irish_clover

Nov 11, 2007
Just wondering. Like say you are running errands or grocery shopping. What would you wear?
When I was younger ( teens to early 20s) I would get dressed up for things like this. Not that I bought my own groceries as a teen but say for instance I took a trip to the library to return some books.. I would dress up for that

Now that I'm 25 I find myself wearing things like Juicy pants and a TNA hoodie. Or TNA pants and a sweatshirt. Jeans with Uggs and sweater. Usually no makeup.

I'm sitting here bored and sick and was just thinking..am I letting myself go? or was I overdoing it when I was younger?

What do you ladies do?

It depends on what you mean by "dressed up."

Personally, I never quite know where my day will take me, and I spend most of my time in big cities like NYC and LA, so I like to always look put together, even on casual days. I feel too underdressed in sweat pants, so I only wear them around the house.

A typical casual day outfit would be something like this cardigan: http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro...tion=jump&search=true&parentid=SEARCH_RESULTS with a tank, dark jeans, and ballet flats or flat boots. I never leave the house without mascara and tinted lip balm at a minimum. If I'm in a rush, I'll just put my hair up in a bun.

I should clarify that by dressed up I don't mean actual dresses and heels..but dressing like I'm going to a nicer ( not too fancy ) restaurant.
I know what you mean by dressing like that in big cities. When I was in NYC no one dressed the way they do in Vancouver

I wouldn't say you're letting yourself go just because you don't dress up when you run errands. But for me it depends on how long I'll be gone and where I'm going. Like if I'm just running to the store real quick to get something, in and out in less than 10 mins kinda thing, I would just throw on some sweats and a hat too (sometimes no makeup). But if I were to stay out a little bit longer, like going to a few places then I would dress up more.
I'm actually the opposite, when I was younger (like in college) I was more casual on a daily basis. I spend more time now to mix and match my outfits. Part of the reason for that is because I didn't have as much money for my wardrobe in college. As long as you're not wearing PJs or something that's not presentable, I think you're ok. ;)

For very casual days at home or running errands:

Summer - little sundress (usually empire line and casual) with flat sandals (and big sunglasses to hide my lack of makeup!)

Winter - 7FAM jeans, black tshirt or knit top and pointed flats.

Hm, I probably get more dressed up than I should, but that's because I feel like everyone in LA is always really dressed up. I'll usually throw on a dress if it's warm (a basic jersey one, or a sun dress if I feel like wearing one), and some ballet flats/sandals. Otherwise I'll wear jeans and a cardigan/coat. Dresses are nice because they're (1) comfortable and (2) something you can just put on and look nice in without much effort. I don't go out in sweats/PJs because most of my loungewear is either too old or skimpy and probably not decent to go out in public in. ;)

summer: tank top + mini or sundress, wedges
attachment.php

winter: leather jacket, boots, jeans & long sleeve top
attachment.php

i refuse to leave the apartment without makeup & perfume, although if i'm just running errands i will skip the lashes (^(oo)^)

Attachments

• 32 2010.03.27.jpg
    32 2010.03.27.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 633
  • 2010 03 16d.jpg
    2010 03 16d.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 634
Winter: Jeans (usually skinnies), long sweater/top, sweater dresses and boots with heels (only time I wear flat boots is if it's snowing heavily or there's too much ice on the pavement)

Spring/Summer: skirts and dresses with heels, trench for cooler days/evenings and sometimes jeans if it's not hot and humid

Fall: Trench, heavier skirts and dresses and jeans

I only wear running shoes, sweatpants and tracksuits when I teach gym. Otherwise I wouldn't dare step out of the house with them on!

that's funny because i went the complete opposite. in school I was more casual an as I get older I love dressing up. Even casual days I put effort into an outfit. It makes me feel instantly better when i'm wearing something i like. And plus you never know who you will run into.