What do you wear for super casual days?

I think you have to make more effort the older you get...I live in a beach town and constantly see some of the most awful, sun-wrinkled, middle aged hags wearing daisy duke cutoffs and crop tops...and I know people my mother's age (she's almost 50) who shop at tacky junior's stores like Rave and Wet Seal...luckily my mother is classier than that!

No one blinks an eye at a sloppily dressed teenager but now that I'm 24 I feel like I should start making more of an effort, even on lazy days...no more hoodies (except at the gym) or flip flops (except at the beach!) for me!

One thing that really makes me feel better, regardless of my outfit, is wearing concealer/brightener (YSL touche eclat) under my eyes. I instantly look more put-together, even without any other makeup.

Depends. Usually jeans, a cashmere sweater, and flats or old-school Adidas sneakers, but there are certainly days when I dress down further (sweatshirt and track pants or sweatshirt/leggings/Uggs).

Casual days in summer are usually a tank top and capris or a skirt.

black leggings, VS PINK v-neck essential tee (i love how comfy it is and it's long enough to cover my rear), tory burch flats.

i like how quickly i can get dressed with leggings. and it's so much comfier than jeans!

in the summer, i always wear dresses.

Jeans, sneaks or riding boots, t-shirt, Mike & Chris hoodie is my super-casual uniform. But even at my most basic, I *never* wear anything oversized. The key is SLIM and FITTED without being tight. I find that as long as I follow that rule, I look well put-together even if I'm super casual.

I'm a leggings/jeggings and blazer kinda girl, it looks nice and its comfy without looking sloppy. As the weather gets warmer I find myself gravitating to a tank top, boyfriend jeans and heels. Come summer time I think rompers will be my go to.

......Even casual days I put effort into an outfit. It makes me feel instantly better when i'm wearing something i like. And plus you never know who you will run into.

Agreed.

Last edited:
I think you have to make more effort the older you get...I live in a beach town and constantly see some of the most awful, sun-wrinkled, middle aged hags wearing daisy duke cutoffs and crop tops...and I know people my mother's age (she's almost 50) who shop at tacky junior's stores like Rave and Wet Seal...luckily my mother is classier than that!

No one blinks an eye at a sloppily dressed teenager but now that I'm 24 I feel like I should start making more of an effort, even on lazy days...no more hoodies (except at the gym) or flip flops (except at the beach!) for me!

One thing that really makes me feel better, regardless of my outfit, is wearing concealer/brightener (YSL touche eclat) under my eyes. I instantly look more put-together, even without any other makeup.

I just wanna say that sloppily dressed and casually dressed is not the same. To me sloppy means ill fitting, old or dirty clothes. Or wearing PJ pants out or something.

flip flops and hoodies do not automatically fit into those categories

I never was one to get dressed up...in my teens and even now i still just wear jeans, jean skirts, tees, flops, boots, or sweaters...no matter where i'm going be it to get mail, or out to dinner, everyday is a casual day for me.

that's funny because i went the complete opposite. in school I was more casual an as I get older I love dressing up. Even casual days I put effort into an outfit. It makes me feel instantly better when i'm wearing something i like. And plus you never know who you will run into.

well said panda! \(^(oo)^)/

"a girl should always wear beautiful shoes, as you never know when they might to take you to beautiful places"

I really don't think you are letting yourself go. It's only grocery shopping not an audition to America's next top model :shame:

I sometimes go grocery shopping in my Juicy track pants and sweats. But most of the time i stick to jeans, a tee or singlet and flats or tennis shoes. Grocery shopping or errands usually means i have my 2 year old toddler with me, so confort is a must. I leave all the dressing up for when i go to work, out with my husband or friends or to work functions :smile: I think us women should be allowed to have a break from all the primping once in while if we wish to do so :P

I always find that when I do need to run a quick errand and don't put too much effort into what I wear I always seem so run into someone that I know who is fabulously dressed, so now I try to spend the extra time in putting some effort into what I wear. It's not always easy being a SAHM to two young girls but I've got a closet full of dressy clothes that I'm slowly getting through.

I just wanna say that sloppily dressed and casually dressed is not the same. To me sloppy means ill fitting, old or dirty clothes. Or wearing PJ pants out or something.

I totally agree. Unfortunately, I officially slipped into the sloppy category yesterday.

I wore my brand new pajama pants to the store in the evening. The funny thing is: part of the reason I did was because the pajama pants made my legs look long and lean. :biggrin: I care about clothing so much even my pajamas have to look good. And sometimes they look sooo good I just have to take them out to let the world see. :P So even when I am sloppy, I care! Am I silly or what? :biggrin:

plain t-shirts (Black/white/brown) and jeans....paired with either ballet flats/sandals in the summer or boots in the winter.

i like to accessorize with a silk scarf/ shawl and i always carry a bag with me.

There are definitely luxe hoodies and flip flops (Hermes anyone?)...but the structure of those garments isn't fitted, and so can easily slip into "ill fitting". I just meant that I'd like the make an effort to wear more tailored things more of the time :yes:

I did live in flip flops for years and they typically cause your heels to make smacking noises and your gait to become shuffling :-s