What do you use to organize your makeup?

I have a closet in my bathroom next to the sink with nice shelves. I think it was supposed to be a linen closet but I use something else for that purpose.

I keep ALL my beauty supplies in the closet and I have four sets of plastic drawers that organizes everything. They look like this only they're a little bigger and there are four of them:

10890.JPG

I have two sets of drawers on a shelf, so two shelves are devoted only to makeup. Some of the drawers have another plastic insert in them to hold more. I bought a plastic craft box and removed the lid to hold various pots -- especially my BE shadows.

It works for me!

Where do you purchase these?

I have one of these 3 drawer things too (I bought mine at Wal-Mart for $12). My everyday makeup and moisturizers are in the bottom drawer, and all of my once-in-a-while stuff is in the other 2 drawers. Then I have a cup sitting on top for brushes and mascara. My perfumes and contact solution, etc sit on top of it, and my hairspray and other taller products are next to it on the bathroom counter.

Every morning, I pull out the bottom drawer, everything is right there. And then I push it back in, and the counter looks organized, and it keeps my makeup from getting dust and hairspray all over it. Hubby likes this setup much better than when I had everything scattered all over!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 100
right now i have all my make up organized according to how often i use it, when i would use it (going out, darker looks, etc.) and they're all in different make up bags. but hopefully when i move soon, i will buy those little plastic drawers from Walmart and reorganize my meager make up collection!

I have a train case from Target that looks like a professional makeup artists' case. :P I love it and it fits all my makeup and brushes. Of course, I don't have THAT much makeup, so I guess that's why it fits. :lol:

But I highly recommend a train case or something portable so that you can easily move it around, if need be.

I love the case. When I bought it, I was totally torn between the one I got and the pink one. I had to ask DBF for his opinion. Naturally, he suggested black lace with black trim. Here's a pic:

attachment.php

I have that same exact train case. I bought mine at Target for $20.00 and I LOVE it. especially how the trays stack and fold out to look like little steps. It holds EVERYTHING and I like that it has the elastic for brushes I'm just bummed that it only fits the small (eye, lip, etc) brushes not my face (foundation, power, blush, etc) brushes.

^^ Yours must be a different model in the same faux leather/lace design, because mine doesn't have the elastic for brushes. Mine just has four trays that come out like steps and a large open space in the bottom.

I bought a plastic shelf case thingy from Home Depot. Its huge & it works great.

I think its orig used for storing nails and lil gadgets.

It has lots of small compartments.

Maybe I'll snap a pic when I have time!

^^ Yours must be a different model in the same faux leather/lace design, because mine doesn't have the elastic for brushes. Mine just has four trays that come out like steps and a large open space in the bottom.

really? because i checked both sizes and the small one (the one that i have) has small elastics and the big one has bigger elastics that can hold face brushes. when you open your case and put the two sides of the case down (before pulling the stacks out) they are attached to the sides. they're black elastics so they might be hard to see at first but i'm pretty sure they're there because i have the same black lace caboodles train case.