What do you use to moisturize your bags and repel stains?

I've never really sprayed any of my bags before and am wondering what you ladies use to moisturize your leather bags, what protects them best from scratches and what repels weather.

I just got an AC City and plan on getting many more leather bags but want to keep them in the best shape I can and would love to hear what you use!
Ok, I am hoping LeatherPro will weigh in on this. Hint hint. After reading all the post, here is most brands used.
Appleguard,shining monkey,blackrock,obenauf,meltonian,leather honey and zymol. And rubing your forehead. (lol)
What to do? Chanel lamb, which for the cav? Etc..

Ok, I am hoping LeatherPro will weigh in on this. Hint hint. After reading all the post, here is most brands used.
Appleguard,shining monkey,blackrock,obenauf,meltonian,leather honey and zymol. And rubing your forehead. (lol)
What to do? Chanel lamb, which for the cav? Etc..

Chanel has its own forum with a large section dedicated to the care of their products: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/links-to-chanel-care-maintenance-threads-749163.html
I would try checking there for info.

I am quite addicted to using leather care products because some of them smell so nice with perfume and citrus smell. I was in Germany for a period of time and the people are quite obsessed with leather and shoe care.
I have been using Woly and Grison for some time and the products are quite good for moisturizing and protecting leather products. My friend got a sample tube of Woly leather cream made of beeswax from this guy here in Singapore during an event Hopefully, it means Grison or Woly will be available in Singapore soon n I do not have to ship from Europe.

I use jones Traditional protector, for moisturising I use Russell and Bromley beeswax bag cream. I am sure you can get both of these products online, even if you are not based in UK.

I used the Leather Handbag Care Kit from Furniture Clinic for a while, then decided to look for a natural alternative. While the FC Care Kit isn't bad, the cleanser tends to take off some dye (not noticeable unless you really scrutinise), and leaves the leather a bit dry looking so you have to use a cream afterwards.

I now use Renapur Leather Balsam and this stuff is amazing - leather seems to drink it up! Made with only natural ingredients, a small amount goes a long way, and my bags are left glossier and more supple.

It's received glowing reviews by hundreds of users; I certainly won't be using anything else to care for my bags :biggrin:

I used the Leather Handbag Care Kit from Furniture Clinic for a while, then decided to look for a natural alternative. While the FC Care Kit isn't bad, the cleanser tends to take off some dye (not noticeable unless you really scrutinise), and leaves the leather a bit dry looking so you have to use a cream afterwards.

I now use Renapur Leather Balsam and this stuff is amazing - leather seems to drink it up! Made with only natural ingredients, a small amount goes a long way, and my bags are left glossier and more supple.

It's received glowing reviews by hundreds of users; I certainly won't be using anything else to care for my bags :biggrin:

I've used this as well and it works great!

For a thicker leather that has a glossy look to it, I use Cadillar Boot & Shoe Care (works great on handbags, sold at Nordstrom). It has the consistency of hand lotion. Rub it in with a clean cloth, let dry, then buff. Then I follow with Cadillac Shied once or twice a winer, to protect the bag from rain.

For a more delicate leather, or one with more of a matte finish, I use Michael Kors Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. This has the consistency of water, with a pleasant citrus smell. Just rub a tiny bit in, and remove excess. Allow to dry. No need to buff, since you aren't bringing up a shine. I follow with Michael Kors Rain & Stain Repellent during the rainy season.

Please dont use any generic products! zymol, meltonian, etc are all generic products designed for the furniture or auto markets and have far too high pH to be put on your handbag leather.

Use either LMB or THBS depending where you are in the world.

THBS have a new 3-in-1 (cleans, hydrates and protects /stain guard) which is great for general maintenance.