What do you use to moisturize your bags and repel stains?

Hi I'm new and I've been searching for answers for days and can't seem to find one. I've even emailed Gucci for it and they never replied. This was over a week ago!

I just bought a chocolate guccissima and haven't used it yet. I want to use a leather conditioner prior to use. I've got a huge bottle of leather conditioner that came with my leather sofas and was curious if I could just use tthis instead of having to go buy another bottle. This bottle says it can be used on any type of finished leather.So would it be safe to use on guccissima leather would you say? If anyone has an answer it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Be careful with the sofa lotion... I read a horror story about one tPF member forgetting to shake the bottle of lotion and applied straight furniture oil, ruining her bag straps. I would test a spot at the bottom of your bag, if you want to use this bottle.

------
I am using my last bottle of Hush Puppies Leather Lotion. It is amazing stuff. It is more "penetrating" than Leather CPR, although I think Leather CPR is very safe, I like how the Hush Puppies seem to condition the bag more deeply, there are probably stronger emollients? I just can't find this lotion any longer. If anyone finds any stock, please let me know!

Obenauf's is also made in the U.S. :smile: Have you tried leather honey on lambskin?

I don't have any lambskin in my collection though I would LOVE to add a lambskin jacket to it! I will have to try Obenauf's! Thanks tutushopper, I try to buy made in the USA when I can.

Do you know anything about a product called Doc Bailey's? One of my black leather jackets looks quite dull and I was wondering if it would liven it up.

Editing to add, I'm not sure, my Linea Pelle Samantha may lambskin? I'm not sure? LOL. I should know these things.... It is lovely leather, super soft. I have used the Leather Honey on it with good results.

I don't have any lambskin in my collection though I would LOVE to add a lambskin jacket to it! I will have to try Obenauf's! Thanks tutushopper, I try to buy made in the USA when I can.

Do you know anything about a product called Doc Bailey's? One of my black leather jackets looks quite dull and I was wondering if it would liven it up.

Editing to add, I'm not sure, my Linea Pelle Samantha may lambskin? I'm not sure? LOL. I should know these things.... It is lovely leather, super soft. I have used the Leather Honey on it with good results.

I'm not familiar with Doc Bailey's but from reading about their products on their website, it makes me want to try the clear on my car! :smile:

Leather Honey is perfect to moisture leather bag.
how often do you moisturize? i have appleguard and not really sure it does anything... i know it does not ruin anything but i cant say i really notice a major difference using it. id like to try something else but how often as a general guideline? thanks!

I have been using Cadillac Boot & Shoe Care, which is a wax-free lotion that cleans, polished, and protects. I have been using it on all of my handbags, including untreated leathers. The product is gentle enough that it does not dull the color of my bags or ruin the sheen. It can be used on leathers, calfskin, exotic skins, and suede. Although it does not say for handbags I have had nothing but good results from it!

I used to use Apple🍏leather cleaner and conditioner but the color of the leather transfers and in time the leather loses it's suppleness.👎Same thing with the Coach leather cleaner and conditioner... Though I still use them to spot clean. My friend who restores bags told me to refrain from using those products but instead gave me Fenice leather wipes for spot/emergency cleaning... Otherwise, I bring the bag to her for cleaning and restoration... You can check her Facebook page, it's called Bag RX because obviously, she's a bag doctor!!😃