What do you use on th vachetta? Apple Garde, Shining Monkey, or nothing?

I use Applegarde on all my bags,especially those with cowhide handles...so far so gd... and i just ordered another btl...hahah... for me, its a must to use it whenever i buy a new bag fr LV..

I apple garde my vachetta. I don't mind the patina, it's the ugly water spots I hate so I treat it in order to prevent obvious water marks on the leather. It also seems to condition it.

Love that Shining Monkey!
And of course LB will tell you not to use it- just like car dealers will tell you not to drive on the highway for the 1st 1,000 miles, to let them off the hook & absolve themselves of responsibility!

My monogram riveting is the only one I have with vachetta. I noticed today that the handles and corners look REALLY dry... I purchased Wilson's and it looks great! All leather SHOULD be conditioned and protected to prevent cracking.

I didn't use anything at first, but now I use Shining Monkey. The patinas are starting to come in now...looking good after nearly a year with my first LVs! And, knock on wood, no spots or dings on the bottom of my CP.

ooook~~~ after much debate, I used Apple Garde last night on my totally brand new (made 2 weeks ago in Spain) Pochette Pouch.

Apple Gard did darken the part where the heatstamp was- the tab- but it did NOT darken the actual strap.

I don't mind. I just know I'm not using it on my Speedy since I'm guessing that the tabs attached to the bag will result the same way as well------- so, I'm still waiting for my Shining Monkey in the mail.... argh..snail mail.

I will try to post pics later.... it's such a nominal shade difference my camera is having a hard time picking it up.