What do you use for a security tag?

Great ideas, girls! I just wonder though, if a scammer is really determined, can't they just buy another one of those bracelets, re-write the info and re-attach it to another bag? I like the idea of getting something printed on it.

Great ideas, girls! I just wonder though, if a scammer is really determined, can't they just buy another one of those bracelets, re-write the info and re-attach it to another bag? I like the idea of getting something printed on it.

I never thought about that, but you never know these days! I had mine pre-printed. It was like $20 for 100 of them.

I use a magic marker to "customize" the tags and then place them on the bag's handles. As an added precaution I place an inconspicuous ultra-violet pen doodle unique to me in the bag's interior and then photograph every detail before shipping. You really can't be too cautious when selling 1K+ handbags to total strangers.

Generally the wristbands will have unique numbers on them as well.

I put them in a very prominent spot, in a vivid color, and take a snapshot of the bag with the tag on.

They could try to swap tags, but the numbers wouldn't match.

I actually just use file labels and write on them in my handwriting! I create a chain of them (like you use to do in kindergarten with construction paper) attached the handle hardware. It's a cheap way to do it. Basically, you're just trying to discourage someone from being dishonest....and IMHO the dishonest ones will find other ways to screw you out of your money!

I write on mine "no returns if tag is removed, my user id". I take a clear picture of the bag with the tag attached and the number. I sometimes even enclose a printed picture of this with the card I always send saying Thank you. I only do that last part on a bag that is counterfieted (not all bags are) or a high $ sale.