What do you think of this Vintage Gold Lambskin?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys, I had posted a thread earlier asking for help in choosing between a vintage gold lambskin vs. a light gold reissue 2.55. I got a lot of negative reactions with the vintage lambskin but as it turns out, the 2.55 was sold already.

Help! What do you think of this baby? I know it's for evening wear only. But I can already imagine how good it will look with white/ black outfits and gold jewelry. It's a practically a steal for less than 1,000 USD. Should I still get it?

[​IMG]

2. i think it's cute. i can see the bag glam up a simple black outfit. but if i have to choose i would still prefer a 2.55 than this.

3. I prefer the 2.55 too. Sorry to hear it has been sold.

4. :heart:IT!

5. I like it!

6. I like it. It sounds like you like it, but if you need this much convincing, then maybe its not for you!

7. too bad the 2.55 was sold!
    if you like this one, go for it! sounds like a great deal and if its in great condition its worth it. it'll make any outfit pop!

8. #8 Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
    I really like this one. I love the fact that it's vintage, and I love the gold leather. I would use this bag int he day time too, very casually, in addition to dress up. But that's just me.

Edited to add: I just saw this auction on ebay, and I see there is damage to the bottom of the bag and to the top, there looks like there is cuts and the leather is lifting. I would not pay $1000 for this bag in this condition. I see the reserve has not been met yet, but to me this is a lot of damage. But the bag itself is pretty.

9. The bag is cute, but I prefer the 2.55 better

10. I like reissues... but this one is adorable... I can see what you're seeing in terms of outfit coordination. Absolutley adorable and chic... and different!

11. like it but dont love it

12. I like it, but I don't think I would get a lot of use out of it.

13. I actually saw both this one and the other one on ebay. Did you find them there? If you did.. the auction for the other one is still running.

14. Yes I did, I know the auction is still running but it has more than doubled the price since I first saw it. I had intended to spend less than 1,000 USD for an evening purse, which I will not use regularly. :sad: You think it's really worth it?

Thanks for your replies guys!

15. DD, you are right, if you look closely at the other pictures, you'd see that it's quite damaged. Might be wiser to save the $1,000 for a better conditioned or brand new bag, I guess.

Thanks for the advice! :smile: