What do you think of this vintage Chanel?

Jubes

O.G.
Jun 15, 2011
So far I only have a vintage black caviar square mini with GWH (and also a red lambskin extra mini with RHW which I'm selling). I feel guilty buying similar bags, but I usually fall in love with a bag and want it in both silver and gold hardware, which is what's currently happening with the jumbo. I tried black jumbos in both silver and gold and just fell in love with them both. I can't justify both though. So what do you think about a lambskin mademoiselle flap with GHW, a black caviar jumbo with SHW, my black caviar square mini GHW, black lambskin old medium boy with RHW, and possibly something small in red?

I feel that the mademoiselle in GHW will serve a similar purpose to a jumbo. I view GHW as dressier and more elegant and think it goes well with the mademoiselle flap

If I do get the mademoiselle do you recommend caviar or lambskin?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Attachments

• ChanelVintageJumboCaviar.jpg
    ChanelVintageJumboCaviar.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 2,342
Well, I just purchased this same bag in lambskin and I love the size and that it can be worn crossbody. Some may not care for the vertical quilting since the other was more popular but I liked the uniqueness of the bag. Not having the second flap inside makes it alot lighter too. It also doesn't feel that dressy to me.

Attachments

• 099f0455-de0c-4b40-8a10-c54475b2d48e.jpg
    099f0455-de0c-4b40-8a10-c54475b2d48e.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 987
So far I only have a vintage black caviar square mini with GWH (and also a red lambskin extra mini with RHW which I'm selling). I feel guilty buying similar bags, but I usually fall in love with a bag and want it in both silver and gold hardware, which is what's currently happening with the jumbo. I tried black jumbos in both silver and gold and just fell in love with them both. I can't justify both though. So what do you think about a lambskin mademoiselle flap with GHW, a black caviar jumbo with SHW, my black caviar square mini GHW, black lambskin old medium boy with RHW, and possibly something small in red?

I feel that the mademoiselle in GHW will serve a similar purpose to a jumbo. I view GHW as dressier and more elegant and think it goes well with the mademoiselle flap

If I do get the mademoiselle do you recommend caviar or lambskin?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Gorgeous bag. Get it if you can

I know with mine the structure is good. Lamb tends to be more delicate but I love the patina it develops. I would keep my eye out for one and whichever turns up at a good price etc, it might make your decision. For a bag that is over 20 years old it looks darn good. I know that lambskin can be refinished if done correctly, it won't be hard. I'm not sure how that works with caviar, and it's hard to find a bag that has been stored properly away from the light with no browning etc.

There were just a few that sold on FP for alot more than I got mine for, and they didn't look as nice. Be careful too with descriptions, I see some that say jumbo x lg when they are really just jumbos.