What do you think of this vintage Chanel?

Jubes

Jun 15, 2011
So far I only have a vintage black caviar square mini with GWH (and also a red lambskin extra mini with RHW which I'm selling). I feel guilty buying similar bags, but I usually fall in love with a bag and want it in both silver and gold hardware, which is what's currently happening with the jumbo. I tried black jumbos in both silver and gold and just fell in love with them both. I can't justify both though. So what do you think about a lambskin mademoiselle flap with GHW, a black caviar jumbo with SHW, my black caviar square mini GHW, black lambskin old medium boy with RHW, and possibly something small in red?

I feel that the mademoiselle in GHW will serve a similar purpose to a jumbo. I view GHW as dressier and more elegant and think it goes well with the mademoiselle flap

If I do get the mademoiselle do you recommend caviar or lambskin?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Attachments

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
land of lala
Well, I just purchased this same bag in lambskin and I love the size and that it can be worn crossbody. Some may not care for the vertical quilting since the other was more popular but I liked the uniqueness of the bag. Not having the second flap inside makes it alot lighter too. It also doesn't feel that dressy to me.

Attachments

Jubes

Jun 15, 2011
congrats! it looks lovely :smile:. I like that it's something different from a classic quilted flap, yet still classic in its own right.

CaribeanQueen

May 17, 2014
earth
So far I only have a vintage black caviar square mini with GWH (and also a red lambskin extra mini with RHW which I'm selling). I feel guilty buying similar bags, but I usually fall in love with a bag and want it in both silver and gold hardware, which is what's currently happening with the jumbo. I tried black jumbos in both silver and gold and just fell in love with them both. I can't justify both though. So what do you think about a lambskin mademoiselle flap with GHW, a black caviar jumbo with SHW, my black caviar square mini GHW, black lambskin old medium boy with RHW, and possibly something small in red?

I feel that the mademoiselle in GHW will serve a similar purpose to a jumbo. I view GHW as dressier and more elegant and think it goes well with the mademoiselle flap

If I do get the mademoiselle do you recommend caviar or lambskin?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Gorgeous bag. Get it if you can

hazeleyes25

May 1, 2014
I think the bag in your photo is stunning. I feel that it would be gorgeous in either skin. Not helping much I realize.

yup

Jan 11, 2012
Love it! Vintage caviar is more rare than lambskin so that may factor into your decision.

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
land of lala
I know with mine the structure is good. Lamb tends to be more delicate but I love the patina it develops. I would keep my eye out for one and whichever turns up at a good price etc, it might make your decision. For a bag that is over 20 years old it looks darn good. I know that lambskin can be refinished if done correctly, it won't be hard. I'm not sure how that works with caviar, and it's hard to find a bag that has been stored properly away from the light with no browning etc.

There were just a few that sold on FP for alot more than I got mine for, and they didn't look as nice. Be careful too with descriptions, I see some that say jumbo x lg when they are really just jumbos.