What do you think of this vintage Chanel?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So far I only have a vintage black caviar square mini with GWH (and also a red lambskin extra mini with RHW which I'm selling). I feel guilty buying similar bags, but I usually fall in love with a bag and want it in both silver and gold hardware, which is what's currently happening with the jumbo. I tried black jumbos in both silver and gold and just fell in love with them both. I can't justify both though. So what do you think about a lambskin mademoiselle flap with GHW, a black caviar jumbo with SHW, my black caviar square mini GHW, black lambskin old medium boy with RHW, and possibly something small in red?

I feel that the mademoiselle in GHW will serve a similar purpose to a jumbo. I view GHW as dressier and more elegant and think it goes well with the mademoiselle flap

If I do get the mademoiselle do you recommend caviar or lambskin?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Attached Files:

2. Well, I just purchased this same bag in lambskin and I love the size and that it can be worn crossbody. Some may not care for the vertical quilting since the other was more popular but I liked the uniqueness of the bag. Not having the second flap inside makes it alot lighter too. It also doesn't feel that dressy to me.

Attached Files:

3. congrats! it looks lovely :smile:. I like that it's something different from a classic quilted flap, yet still classic in its own right.

4. Gorgeous bag. Get it if you can

5. Lovely !

6. I think the bag in your photo is stunning. I feel that it would be gorgeous in either skin. Not helping much I realize.

7. Love it! Vintage caviar is more rare than lambskin so that may factor into your decision.

8. As much as I adore lambskin - I find I feel more comfortable with caviar.

9. I love my vintage lambskin. It is so soft. Gorgeous bag.

10. Love it! I adore vintage Chanel :smile: I would go with caviar.

11. It's gorgeous- the caviar in your pic looks beautiful!

12. How about this one in lambskin?

Attached Files:

13. I know with mine the structure is good. Lamb tends to be more delicate but I love the patina it develops. I would keep my eye out for one and whichever turns up at a good price etc, it might make your decision. For a bag that is over 20 years old it looks darn good. I know that lambskin can be refinished if done correctly, it won't be hard. I'm not sure how that works with caviar, and it's hard to find a bag that has been stored properly away from the light with no browning etc.

There were just a few that sold on FP for alot more than I got mine for, and they didn't look as nice. Be careful too with descriptions, I see some that say jumbo x lg when they are really just jumbos.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice