What do you think of this pendant?

Louish

Dec 28, 2014
Its been a great week for jewellery & *I think* I have found my 30th birthday present for next year.

It is an 18k white gold daisy cluster pendant - one big diamond, 8 smaller diamonds, all bezels & milgrain edges (photo below). Total size is about 8mm.

Specifically I want to get your opinions on these points:
  • Does it look too young? Can I still wear it in 10, 20 years time?
  • Is it too large? Compared to TPF standards it's tiny but my everyday necklace is a 0.15ct bezel. For me, there is a case of "too much bling". On a daily basis I also wear 0.30tcw bezel stud earrings & a 26mm SS Rolex with diamond markers. So I wear diamonds, albeit small ones.
  • Can it be worn casually & more dressy occasions like a wedding?
IMG_6835.JPG

Thank you

I think it's very pretty and can be worn casually or for dressy events. It's all very personal how you want to wear your jewellery. Some people like dainty simple pieces for dressy events. I don't like big statement necklaces even for formal events as I find it hard to coordinate with the dress neckline. Easier to wear statement earrings, bracelet or bangle when I want to show some bling.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
pretty necklace... I think you can wear it on daily basis it's not too blingy at all. It's an everyday piece IMO

I think it's very pretty and can be worn casually or for dressy events. It's all very personal how you want to wear your jewellery. Some people like dainty simple pieces for dressy events. I don't like big statement necklaces even for formal events as I find it hard to coordinate with the dress neckline. Easier to wear statement earrings, bracelet or bangle when I want to show some bling.

Thank you for your thoughts! Do you think the design is too young since it's a flower? Could I wear it when I'm 40? 50?

Very hard to say how you will feel 10-20 years from now. I have some pieces that I bought in my 20s that I no longer love and have either sold them or reset the stones. And some items that I will never think of parting with because they have great sentimental value.
Hindsight, I wished that I had not purchased some of the pieces but they did bring me some joy for a time.

Last edited:
Reactions: AntiqueShopper
It's a no for me. I don't like cluster diamonds at all (rings or pendants). For my niece perhaps, yes. So I guess I do feel as though it looks too "young". Buy what you love though and will feel pretty in as I am not the one that has to wear it.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Very hard to say how you will feel 10-20 years from now. I have some pieces that I bought in my 20s that I no longer love and have either sold them or reset the stones. And some items that I will never think of parting with because they have great sentimental value.
Hindsight, I wished that I had not purchased some of the pieces but they did bring me some joy for a time.
100% agree. It is hard to determine what you may want/wear in the long term. I think the design is classic and if the price is right go for it. If you want to invest in only "guaranteed" long term pieces only I would suggest saving your money for a minimum of a 1/2 carat diamond solitare of good to excellent quality. You can always have it reset if your style has changed. Things like a simple stone seem to be long term pieces imho.

I think it's a beautiful and classic piece...the perfect every day necklace. I also think it would be easy to dress it up for special occasions if you added some sparkly earrings.

I wouldn't worry about not loving it when you are older. Flowers are timeless, imo. Aerin Lauder, whom I regard as the epitome of class and taste, still wears and designs jewelry with flowers, hearts, etc. and she is nearly 47!

Reactions: oreo713