What do you think of this JM?

Sep 2, 2007
What do you think of the JM in white lamb with aged gold hardware? I love the classic look of the JM, it seems so timeless and elegant. I also like how clean and sleek the white leather looks against the gold. And I love the luxurious feel and suppleness of lamb. But do you think white lamb will be able to hold up? I'm afraid it might look aged and dirty after using. What are your thoughts? I can't decide and would like to hear what you ladies think.

Attachments

• 2011-12-27 191.JPG
    2011-12-27 191.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 296
  • 2011-12-27 192.JPG
    2011-12-27 192.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 280
White with GHW is the most divine combination! :love: I love it but I probably wouldn't want it in lambskin. I suppose you could do a pre-treatment before use, and a wipe down of the bag after each use. I'm not sure if it will prevent color transfers from rubbing against your clothes though.

This is gorgeous!! I really love it. I don't think you should be afraid of lambskin because there are so many excellent products out there that can be used to protect it or clean it if ever needed.

it's so elegant and delicate, but it will be hard to keep pristine esp since it is lambskin. i don't know if the stress of looking after it every time you take it out is worth it!

It seems like everyone agrees white lambskin is beautiful, especidlly in this style. But I'm still unsure about durability. I'm pretty careful with my bags but I don't want to have to go crazy or be afraid to use it. Fo you think pretreating the bag would work? I've used stuff on my everyday bags, but never on Chanel.

Without question, it is quite an elegant bag.

I do have to admit, I admire ladies who can drop upwards of $3K without hesitation on a white leather bag and not have a concern about the maintenance and care to prevent color transfers and to keep it from looking dingy, scuffed and banged up.

Personally, I would be so fearful of using it as much as I would want to, and that anxiety has always deterred me from purchasing white handbags.

It's beautiful! But I do agree with bagchic1 and G&Smommy. You would have to be careful with it so that the bag can stay looking just as fab as it should. It would work as a great summer evening or occasion bag! :smile: