What do you think of this JM?

Sep 2, 2007
What do you think of the JM in white lamb with aged gold hardware? I love the classic look of the JM, it seems so timeless and elegant. I also like how clean and sleek the white leather looks against the gold. And I love the luxurious feel and suppleness of lamb. But do you think white lamb will be able to hold up? I'm afraid it might look aged and dirty after using. What are your thoughts? I can't decide and would like to hear what you ladies think.

Attachments

bagchic1

O.G.
Oct 10, 2007
Bagsland
White lamb is luxurious, but high maintenance. It can be an occasional bag, but if you plan to use it frequently I would not recommended.

babyontheway

May 10, 2009
I think it is beautiful! I agree not a great choice for an everyday bag- but if you take good care of your bags I say YES!!!

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
Love it! I think it would be a gorgeous spring summer bag, but I would worry about dirt and color transfer. I wonder if any pre treatment products would help?

bluekit

CC x DY
O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
US
White with GHW is the most divine combination! :love: I love it but I probably wouldn't want it in lambskin. I suppose you could do a pre-treatment before use, and a wipe down of the bag after each use. I'm not sure if it will prevent color transfers from rubbing against your clothes though.

In*LVoe*

Apr 6, 2010
www.modishonline.net
This is gorgeous!! I really love it. I don't think you should be afraid of lambskin because there are so many excellent products out there that can be used to protect it or clean it if ever needed.

cupcakery

Mar 27, 2011
I love my white lamb jm - its uburcool. :P
It doesn't get out much but when it does it gets a lot of attention.

kisenian

Jun 25, 2009
it's so elegant and delicate, but it will be hard to keep pristine esp since it is lambskin. i don't know if the stress of looking after it every time you take it out is worth it!

Sep 2, 2007
It seems like everyone agrees white lambskin is beautiful, especidlly in this style. But I'm still unsure about durability. I'm pretty careful with my bags but I don't want to have to go crazy or be afraid to use it. Fo you think pretreating the bag would work? I've used stuff on my everyday bags, but never on Chanel.

Aug 31, 2009
Wherever there's shopping!
Without question, it is quite an elegant bag.

I do have to admit, I admire ladies who can drop upwards of $3K without hesitation on a white leather bag and not have a concern about the maintenance and care to prevent color transfers and to keep it from looking dingy, scuffed and banged up.

Personally, I would be so fearful of using it as much as I would want to, and that anxiety has always deterred me from purchasing white handbags.

JuliaD89

Dec 6, 2011
It's beautiful! But I do agree with bagchic1 and G&Smommy. You would have to be careful with it so that the bag can stay looking just as fab as it should. It would work as a great summer evening or occasion bag! :smile: