What do you think of this bracelet?

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
What do you think of this bracelet?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ippolit...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_A

It seems expensive for sterling, but I love the design, not sure how I feel about the symbolism.

If I can wear it 2 ways, I may get a lot of use out of it. I don't have other bracelets I love. (I am usually a watch girl.)

I have been googling images for similar bracelets and have not found anything similar. I have also been googling the symbolic meaning of a piece like this, and apparently that's all over the board.

How does the piece make you feel when you look at it?

TIA!

Am I right that it is a snake head on the top of the bracelet? The picture may not do it justice, but from what I can see it is not my favorite. You're right, the price seems excessive for sterling, but that is probably due to the face that it is made by Ippolita.

This is a very cute minimalistic bracelet, so if that is your style I say: Go for it!
For me though, the price is too high for such a "simple" bracelet.
I don't really see the bracelet as something symbolic, other that maybe subtly announcing that you are a Slytherin at heart? ;)

Very very pretty. I think the high price tag comes from the designer name. I don't associate any symbolism with a snake bracelet. It could be your signature piece for sure. If you love it you should go for it!

Thanks everyone! Please keep the comments coming.

I figured if I was thinking about investing that much money into a sterling piece, I should know something about the artist. I found a local NY broadcast interview where she talks about her education, influences and how she built her business:

http://youtu.be/-2q65igzk2g

It's about a half hour (if you are a fan :P). The interview starts at about 2:00.

I came. I saw. I bought.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

The piece was really gorgeous IRL. It seemed a lot bigger than one inch wide. IDK. it was plenty big enough for me - I wouldn't have wanted it bigger.

And it's very sturdy.

I can wear it with the snake out or the knot out. So it's four bracelets in one, sort of. It's versatile enough to go with any other hammered silver jewelry. If I buy a stone bangle in the future, I can wear it on the other wrist (I'm not much of a stacker) and it will bring the look together, I think, without being too matchy. It already goes with my peach cluster ring.

I also bought a small quartz bezel pendant which shined a lot more than the diamond and WG one I tried on in the jewelry store. :confused1: The setting was nicer too. With that and the hammered silver marquis drop earrings I picked up, I have a base on which to add some more colorful pieces when I need another jewelry fix.

I'm a fan. :smile:

It sounds wonderful, Jessh! I'm glad you found a bracelet you love. And what could be better than matching accessories! You must post modeling pics. I love the Ippolita ring you posted in the other thread. You have very good taste. ;)