What do you think of this Bottega?

That color is Old Petra, which apparently has a purple-to-brown color and is pretty in person. Do a search on this forum for that color and you can see other photos.

This is the Roma bag in Old Petra colour, which is like purple/lilac brown. Do go to BV in Action sticky thread (top of the sub-forum). There you'll see a fellow tPF-er posing with hers. The Old Petra colour is difficult to capture on photos and looks different with the use of different leather material and treatment.

Also look at Megs' My Bottega Veneta Goodies! Update! and the What's in Your BV threads. In the former are several pictures of an Old Petra tote she bought in natural light. In the latter is an Old Petra Roma tote just like the one at NAP.

I have a makeup bag and card case in Old Petra/Poudre and I am happy with my purchase.

I love everything about this bag! I think the colour is stunning (this picture isn't exactly accurate). And the style of this bag is just so wonderful. *sigh* I'm in love

i phoned NAP about this actual bag to see if they could find the actual BV colour name. they couldnt. im glad you managed to find out. i think its a really nice colour, and i know some other ladies have this bag. their photos look gorgeous

I own this bag and I love it.... However, to each her own really..... someone said (before she realised that I own one) that this bag is lovely but she'll only get when she's much older (when she's in her fifities !!!)...... I was a little upset when I heard that but I got over it and I'm still lovin' this bag very much.