What do you think of this Banana Republic purse?

LV mania

O.G.
May 7, 2006
What does everyone think of this bag?

It's a Banana Republic Sandhurst Double Strap shoulder bag that I got for $150 (it currently retails for $238 on BR's website).
br417783-00p01v01.jpg

Here's the link to the purse if anyone wants to see descriptions, size, other images etc.
Banana Republic Sandhurst Double Strap Shoulder Bag

I am on the fence with this purse and haven't decided if I like it or not. I bought it because BR was having a private sale, 40% off handbags, for BR cardholders a few weeks ago and I'd been looking for a brown, subtle work purse for awhile but I still haven't used it after a month and its just sitting in my closet in its dustbag. I keep thinking that I could use that $150 towards a more higher end bag but I don't know... if you take a look at my purse collection you'll see that this is acutally the only non-logo, non big brand purse I have.

Does anyone else have experience with BR handbags? Is the quality good? What do you think of the style, durability and look in general?

All comments welcome - good or bad. Thanks!!

I too am looking at the sandhurst bag collection I am looking at thesaddle/messenger bag style. I like the overall appearance of the leather...and hope that it feels nice...but in a way it is rather simple for the fairly hefty price tag...but since you got a bargain on yours I would say keep it sometimes its nice to have a simpler purse on hand.

I too am looking at the sandhurst bag collection I am looking at thesaddle/messenger bag style. I like the overall appearance of the leather...and hope that it feels nice...but in a way it is rather simple for the fairly hefty price tag...but since you got a bargain on yours I would say keep it sometimes its nice to have a simpler purse on hand.

Let me know if you ever decide to get the messenger bag and how you like it.
And thank you for your input! I really appreciate it. :yes:

i have to say i've actually been really impressed with the BR handbags....they seem to be very good quality, esp. for the price. that said, the sandhurst collection has been my least fave thus far...you picked the only bag from the entire collection that i liked :smile:

it was a great deal, but still, $150 is $150, and if you aren't going to carry it, you should return it & put the cash somewhere so you can save up for a bag you will love. i own bags in every price range, so price isn't a factor, but love is....if you don't love it, you won't use it.

anyone you could give it to for xmas???

If you have not decided whether you like it or not.......you're not in love with it, so return it and get somthing that will make your heart flutter!

I have a Kempton Simple Shoulder bag from their last collection and honestly, I absolutely love that bag. It's such good quality, and it looks like i paid so much more for that bag than I really did.

I also picked up a BR bag for my mom during that 40% sale... I got her the Sandhurst simple shoulder bag... she would like it more than the Kempton cause it's a little more simple...

I was looking at the bag that you bought ... was tempted into buying it for myself, but i've been buying too many bags lately.... and... I'm supposed to be on a damn ban.

Bt if you haven't worn it... and you dont have any intentions of wearing it, then return it! But I think if you give it a chance, it could be a really great, versatile bag for you.

I really LOVE the quality of Banana Republic purses.
That purse looks very elegant and wearable. A good practical purse you can use everyday. :yes:

I have at least 4 BR purses and I think they're very well made. The leather on the one you showed looks very good.

I think you would be very happy. Why not keep it for a few weeks - see how you feel and if you don't like it, then return it.

Thanks for the advice ladies! I really appreciate it. I still haven't decided if I am going to return it or not...

I really do like the purse and think it would be very versatile but I have my heart set on getting a brown Fendi Spy sometime in the near future and feel that I could use the $150 towards that. Ahhh! This decision is so hard because I need a brown purse for work. Right now I am only using my black Gucci hobo (shown in 'my collection' below) and I want a subtle but great quality brown work purse. I would use my LV Batignolles but it really screams logo and LV and everyone at my work place is very low key...

Has anyone been in a similar predicament?