What do you think of this bag?

May 10, 2012
Hi ladies,

I would love your thoughts on this bag. It just came out and is crumpled grained caviar with GHW. I'm strongly tempted to buy it. I can't carry the classic flaps as they are way too heavy for me after I had a neck injury years ago. I haven't actually seen it in person but my SA says it relatively lightweight. It also has a fun, edgy look to it in my opinion. The only other Chanel I have right now is the classic clutch with chain-also black caviar with GHW. I absolutely love it and use it for going out at night. This new one would be more of a day bag. It's close to a jumbo in size.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 1,363
🙅🏼 Not for me. I won't buy any other Chanel handbags which isn't classic or boy. If you want buy Chanel, it's best to go with their classic and boy. It's their signature trademark! :biggrin:

the long-ish rectangular shape reminds me of the discontinued eastwest. i'd think the bag will be pretty maintenance/worry free since the creases will take any possible scratches well.

mostly importantly, how do you like it? does it work for your style? small/big enough to hold what you need daily?

personally, i'd say i like this bag. perhaps let us have the measurements & price if it is advised to you, so we have a better idea?

Hi ladies,

I'd like your thoughts on investing in a non classic bag like this one. It's $3,700, jumbo size with crumpled grained caviar leather. It's lighter than the classics, which I personally find too heavy. Do you like the look of the crumpled leather? It's similar to the Shiva bag that was so popular a couple of years ago. Or is it un-Chanel like? It's on hold for me now and I'm trying to decide what to do! I like it but want to invest in a timeless piece.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 1,183
I don't care for the east/west style of it, but that is a personal preference. Otherwise, I think it's a nice looking bag. But since your only other Chanel is a clutch with chain, I would think adding a Classic Flap or Reissue would be a better choice. Unless of course you don't care for those styles. Good luck deciding.