What do you think of these red reissues?

bowlica

O.G.
Sep 14, 2008
So I'm still working on getting my first Chanel. I've tried two Black Jumbo w/ SHW and something about them just wasn't right. I don't like the boxy and bulkiness of the flap but I do believe it is a beautiful bag...just not for me.

Well I went into Chanel and actually looked at a Reissue 227 which I had not even had on my radar initially. Well I liked the simpleness of the bag and the fact that it wasn't bulky. I also liked that the chain was a little shorter as I didn't like where the Jumbo was hitting me. I like my bags a little closer under my arm. (I'm 5'7)

Then I emailed my SA and she sent me these pics. I feel in love. She mentioned the first red isn't as bright as it seemed in the picture it was just the flash.

So what do you all think of these. I'm seriously considering the first one:smile:

Attachments

• IMG_5761.png
    IMG_5761.png
    368.2 KB · Views: 616
  • IMG_3071.png
    IMG_3071.png
    396 KB · Views: 615
Oh, how exciting that you are getting your first Chanel! :smile: I personally prefer the darker red on reissues but the first one is pretty as well. I prefer brighter red in a classic flap. Good luck deciding!

That's a gorgeous bag and to pick a red as your first Chanel is a bold choice. But if you love the color, why not? Color is a subjective thing - will it go with your wardrobe, etc. I love reissues for being understated; you can't go wrong picking a reissue or classic flap.

Oh, how exciting that you are getting your first Chanel! :smile: I personally prefer the darker red on reissues but the first one is pretty as well. I prefer brighter red in a classic flap. Good luck deciding!

I liked the darker one as well but somehow got talked into the brigher one. The darker one is a little smaller but I do think I like that one better...Oh choices!!!

Chanel reds can be very tricky if you havent seen them IRL...
i prefer deeper reds as neutrals but then some may have purple undertones??
both of these bags are stunning! being a Chanel Red Lover i think the 2nd may be more practical IF its not too purple?? you have to go with your heart!

I really like the second one better, but you probably have to go into the store to see. Are these from 13C or 13P? I lack red bag & I am considering one now. May I ask where these bags are from, dept store or boutique??

From your pictures, I like the 2nd one better. You cannot go wrong with any reissue IMO, they are great flaps. Though, I prefer the classic flap M/L in red. Good luck with your choice!