What do you think of the Pression card holder?

SRKitty

Jul 25, 2020
So I've been thinking about SLGs and which ones I would like to bring into my collection and I'm still finding it hard to get behind the cardholders.
Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 12.34.24 PM.png
Don't get me wrong they're cute and all but part of why I continue to carry my big trifold wallet is that between my credit cards, my debit card, my ID, my health insurance cards, AAA card, and store membership cards, I would need at least a couple of cardholders in order to fit them all. And even if I could stuff half of them in one pocket I don't like the idea that I'd have to take out all my cards in order to fish out the one I need for that moment (especially at the register and there's a line...).

So then one day as I was browsing Tradesy I came across a few listings of this, the Pression cardholder.
Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 12.31.58 PM.png
INSTANT love. This is exactly what I need. However, when I began to look it up I saw that NOBODY was talking about it. I can't even find it on any kind of Louis Vuitton website or something. So I wonder if there's something wrong with it or if there's a reason I shouldn't get it. Which is why I came here. Would this be a wise purchase to make? Or are there problems with it?
(Oh and I can see how it looks incredibly 80's/90's but that also add to the charm of it for me lol)

idlehen

Nov 3, 2017
I don't personally have this item but looking at it, I feel it may be a bit of a hassle to take cards in and out of the slots. Since they are transparent, maybe that wouldn't be an issue for most cards, but it would be for credit cards. I think that con would be enough for me to pass as I hate fumbling with cards at the register.

I'm not sure if this helps at all, but I actually entered most of my store and rewards cards into the Google Pay app. That has significantly cut down on the number of cards I have to carry around. I assume Apple has a similar app as this. Maybe that can help you get by with a smaller cardholder for the occasions you don't want to carry a big wallet.

SRKitty

Jul 25, 2020
That is something to consider about taking them out. My current credit cards all have the contactless payment function on them and I'm thinking if the RFID can be read through the plastic then I could in theory keep the card in the sleeve and just slide to it when I need to tap it for payment(and where I live most stores have the RFID feature now) so I wouldn't have to take it out every time. I also think about how with things like my ID and Health Card that also doesn't necessarily need to be taken out all the time.