What do you think of the potamus?

all about bags

Supreme bag lover!
O.G.
Nov 20, 2006
I got a call last Friday from my SA and was offered 2 bags! In a fit of excitement, I took BOTH! You should see the look on my DH's face :shocked: :shocked: and compare it with mine :happydance::happydance: (heh!)!

One is a chartreuse 30cm birkin clemance with PH hardware and the other a 32cm black kelly potamus combination with PH hardware.

My SA knows that I am looking for the PERFECT rouge H kelly in box/swift. I have bought and sold many a rouge H kellys because the color is just not right. Sometimes the shade is pinker and others darker. The best or perfect color of rouge H I've seen is in a vintage bag sold by ladyauthentic on eBay. (Unfortunately, I missed out on that one.) and on a rouge h nic croc.

Anyway, I like the potamus but don't know if it wears well (over time). I may or may not keep it. I do know that, colorwise, it is probably easier for me to wear since it is less "severe" or formal looking than my all-black box kelly (also in the same size).

Does anyone have any experience re: the potamus that they can share? Care, wearability and the like....

Thanks!

I too don't have any feedback to share but I just have to give you a big congrats on scoring a chartreuse Birkin!:love: Please post pics of both these babies when you get them.

Congrats on your purchases!! What a wonderful Xmas!!! :heart::heart:
our tpf member jehaga has a potamus birkin..and it's GORGEOUS!!!!! i saw it again yesterday going out w/ her. it's just so beautiful. That baby got lots of compliments from the H SAs!

Thanks, everyone! It's really been a jolly Hermes Christmas for me this year as I scored a few bags in the last month! (HO! HO! HO! - I guess I've been a REALLY good girl! HEH!)

Here are the pics of my new babies! Great timing as I'll have a few ocassions to take them out before the end of the year!

Attachments

• chartreuse and potamus.JPG
    chartreuse and potamus.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 327
Thanks, everyone! It's really been a jolly Hermes Christmas for me this year as I scored a few bags in the last month! (HO! HO! HO! - I guess I've been a REALLY good girl! HEH!)

Here are the pics of my new babies! Great timing as I'll have a few ocassions to take them out before the end of the year!

I saw potamos bags in person. Yours is gorgeous bag! I was told that it's limited edition! You got it in Kelly! That's wonderful!!! Please don't return it unless you absolutely hate it. You might not be able to find another one if you want it again after you return it.

It's really unique and beautiful bag. Honestly, I didn't care much about potamus at first. But more and more I look at it, it looks more and more BEAUTIFUL!:heart: There are memebers here who have postmus Birkins!

BIG congratulation!:yahoo: :wlae: :jammin: