What do you think of the montaigne clutch?

lily j.

O.G.
Nov 6, 2007
I've never posted on this forum, but recently have been looking for a bag to wear out on a Sat. night and for the occasional luncheon, shower, or other daytime event. I tend to like the Epi line. What do you think of the Montaigne clutch? Do you think it is "lasting" or will it look dated in a few years?

I LOVE this clutch and it is definitely on my to-get-in-the-future list. Epi leather is definitely lasting, it looks so sleek and chic and I don't see that style becoming out of date. I love how you can use it as a clutch or on the shoulder!

I bought this in ivoire...great versatile piece, but I couldn't get past the chunky clasp....so I sent it back....if you can live with the hardware, then go for it !!

I don't think this will look outdated. The epi line is very classic so it should suit your needs. The silver push lock doesn't bother me. Just think of the classic bags in Marc Jacobs collections - Stella, Multi Pocket Hobo, Blake, Venetia - they all have chunky hardware on them. The bags are still sold everywhere and look great.