What Do You Think of the Magic Alhambra 6 Motif Necklace?

luckylove

Sep 5, 2012
Hi ladies!

I love so many of the gorgeous VCA pieces you all have been generous enough to share photos of on the forum. I have been thinking about the asymmetric 6 motif necklace for quite some time, but never purchased it. i am curious to hear how the necklace lays with different necklines. Do you find it versatile enough? The SA I spoke with felt it works best with turtlenecks and other high neck lines. I prefer a more open neckline on myself, so I am not sure if this piece will be a challenge for me. Does the necklace stay put correctly or does it shift to the side as you move? It is really a stunning piece and I am curious about others experiences with it. I would love feedback especially from those of you who have this in your collection. Thanks in advance for your advice! Best wishes! :smile:

MyDogTink

O.G.
Nov 18, 2009
New York
I love it. I wore mine more than I expected to this winter. I wore it mostly with cashmere sweaters. They were crew neck. I also wore it with a split neck black top. Which combo are you thinking of?

luckylove

Sep 5, 2012
I love it. I wore mine more than I expected to this winter. I wore it mostly with cashmere sweaters. They were crew neck. I also wore it with a split neck black top. Which combo are you thinking of?
Thanks so much for your input! I am thinking of the calcedony, grey and white mop. The necklace has a lot of presence so I want to be sure it will be versatile too! Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

chiaoapple

O.G.
Sep 27, 2006
I have the MOP/Onyx one, and wear it with a variety of necklines. I get what your SA was saing about turtlenecks (it would make the necklace stand out, kind of like a statement piece), but it really is versatile and looks great casually worn with a nice t shirt as well. I've not noticed any particular problem with shifting.
Once I even wore it with the 10 motif MOP (layered) :biggrin:

HADASSA

Feb 22, 2012
I have the MOP/Onyx one, and wear it with a variety of necklines. I get what your SA was saing about turtlenecks (it would make the necklace stand out, kind of like a statement piece), but it really is versatile and looks great casually worn with a nice t shirt as well. I've not noticed any particular problem with shifting.
Do you have a pic of this layered chiaoapple?

MyDogTink

O.G.
Nov 18, 2009
New York
Thanks so much for your input! I am thinking of the calcedony, grey and white mop. The necklace has a lot of presence so I want to be sure it will be versatile too! Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!
That's the one I have. It is so neutral that it goes with almost anything. I found it so much more versatile than I originally thought. I wore it this weekend with a long blue & black tunic and long black fur vest. Here's the picture with the split neck IMG_1491900913.542842.jpg

luckylove

Sep 5, 2012
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I am happy to hear that you find it so versatile. I have been on the fence about it because I was worried it might only work with very specific necklines etc.... I would love to see if photo of how you layered the pieces if you want to share!:smile:

luckylove

Sep 5, 2012
That's the one I have. It is so neutral that it goes with almost anything. I found it so much more versatile than I originally thought. I wore it this weekend with a long blue & black tunic and long black fur vest. Here's the picture with the split neck View attachment 3663752
Oh boy, I think I am in trouble!! This is stunning on you!! Thank you so much for posting!!

luckylove

Sep 5, 2012
Looks lovely on you! You are so kind to post these photos. They have really shown me how versatile this necklace can be! Best wishes!