What do you think of the Kraft Paper collection?

My sister shared this with me tonight, its the Pouch, made of treated recycled craft paper. There is a whole collection available. I am shocked. I think this is ridiculous, but creative, I guess. What's your take?
If you read the Details, it's only 10% paper, and mostly PU. It's not very environmentally friendly, for sure. I just am stunned at some of this things this "new" Bottega is doing.

Thanks but no thanks. Why do high end designers think money grows on trees, and people would pay for this kind of fashion? Especially given the pandemic, so many people are directly and indirectly affected by the economy.

The idea that rich people can afford all kinds of *** is ridiculous. Just because rich people can afford it, doesn't mean they want it.

Thanks but no thanks. Why do high end designers think money grows on trees, and people would pay for this kind of fashion? Especially given the pandemic, so many people are directly and indirectly affected by the economy.

The idea that rich people can afford all kinds of *** is ridiculous. Just because rich people can afford it, doesn't mean they want it.
I love this post....'splains it all so very well. :yahoo:
Very well said, my friend. :heart:

Sounds like the next collection - a bag made of PU coated money! Maybe different currencies from around the world for a melange of colors.

I like it and I got it. I don’t need nor want another leather bag and these days I am looking for something different. This is different, I remember one or two other designers coming up with “paper” type material bags but I did not buy them then.

As for it being environmentally unfriendly, it is nothing compared to the damage done by the fast fashion industry which 99% of the world partakes in. If you really want to change, change the way we support these giants wreaking havoc on our environment and contributing to the immense waste and pollution of land and sea.

I understand a lot of people were old BV fans and like the old Celine fans, I absolutely understand the new directions taken will not be to their taste. However the constant lambasting of the new things done by new designers is kind of wearing me down. The world today is messed up and I really don’t need any more negativity.

I came here to learn more about BV, old and new but the negativity is getting me down. Please understand I am NOT opposed to all views and opinions, we like what we like. We don’t like change but without change, we will still be in girdles, corsets and big dramatic skirts (could be fun actually but oh the laundry!)

Last edited:
I like it and I got it. I don’t need nor want another leather bag and these days I am looking for something different. This is different, I remember one or two other designers coming up with “paper” type material bags but I did not buy them then.

As for it being environmentally unfriendly, it is nothing compared to the damage done by the fast fashion industry which 99% of the world partakes in. If you really want to change, change the way we support these giants wreaking havoc on our environment and contributing to the immense waste and pollution of land and sea.

I understand a lot of people were old BV fans and like the old Celine fans, I absolutely understand the new directions taken will not be to their taste. However the constant lambasting of the new things done by new designers is kind of wearing me down. The world today is messed up and I really don’t need any more negativity.

I came here to learn more about BV, old and new but the negativity is getting me down. Please understand I am NOT opposed to all views and opinions, we like what we like. But seriously why so much hate? We don’t like change but without change, we will still be in girdles, corsets and big dramatic skirts (could be fun actually but oh the laundry!)
Keep in mind the thread asks what people think of the Kraft paper collection. I don't see any hate here, people have as much right to say they dislike something as they do to say they love it. You'll find quite a few Tomas Maier Bvettes who are buying up DL's styles. I remember the same thing when Balenciaga changed artistic directors, at first no one liked any of the new styles but as people got used to them they found them more to their taste. On the whole I'm not a fan of Daniel Lee's designs although there are a couple I like. This isn't one of them however :lol: .

I came here to learn more about BV, old and new but the negativity is getting me down. Please understand I am NOT opposed to all views and opinions, we like what we like. We don’t like change but without change, we will still be in girdles, corsets and big dramatic skirts (could be fun actually but oh the laundry!)
Well, as you learn about the Classic BV and the New BV, you’ll understand that the differences between the Classic BV and the New BV are so great as to be totally unrelated to each other except by the name. So, we’re not being negative, we’re being flabbergasted.

And: I wouldn’t have liked the paper stuff if it had been by ANY designer. Perhaps I should have prefaced my initial remarks with that.

Respectfully,

I get it that it’s not going to be a crowd pleaser and I don’t mind at all. There are a lot of popular bags and brands lauded here that I don’t get and won’t carry even if it’s a freebie. Same for this I am sure most will roll their eyes and say no thanks :biggrin:

However getting to this sub-forum is just such a downer I feel because be it Kraft or any other thread on any other model it is just non stop DL bashing I am starting to feel bad for him haha.

Anyhow thanks to DL I have renewed interest in this brand so I guess that’s one good thing he did for BV (I watch a lot of China you tubers and on other Chinese sites and BV is getting popular there because of DL). I actually like the old BV too and want to find a Cabat from TM’s era.

Wanted to add, looks aside (debatable) this bag does have one good thing going for it, it is LIGHT!

Thank you for all your respectful responses, I learnt a lot about BV here and thank you for that but I am staying away from this sub-forum for now. Lucky for me my SAs are equally divided on the new and old BV so am looking forward chatting with them on all things BV from now on :smile:

Take care and stay safe all, I am outta here!

Keep in mind the thread asks what people think of the Kraft paper collection. I don't see any hate here, people have as much right to say they dislike something as they do to say they love it. You'll find quite a few Tomas Maier Bvettes who are buying up DL's styles. I remember the same thing when Balenciaga changed artistic directors, at first no one liked any of the new styles but as people got used to them they found them more to their taste. On the whole I'm not a fan of Daniel Lee's designs although there are a couple I like. This isn't one of them however :lol: .

E914BF80-B272-4715-A89B-0BC467251BB5.jpeg

Last edited:
I get it that it’s not going to be a crowd pleaser and I don’t mind at all. There are a lot of popular bags and brands lauded here that I don’t get at all.

However getting to this sub-forum is just such a downer I feel because be it Kraft or any other thread on any other model it is just non stop DL bashing I am starting to feel bad for him haha.

Anyhow thanks to DL I have renewed interest in this brand so I guess that’s one good thing he did for BV. I actually like the old BV too and want to find a Cabat from TM’s era.

Wanted to add, looks aside (debatable) this bag does have one good thing going for it, it is LIGHT!

Thank you for all your respectful responses, I learnt a lot about BV here and thank you for that but I am staying away from this sub-forum for now. Lucky for me my SAs are equally divided on the new and old BV so am looking forward chatting with them on all things BV from now on :smile:

Take care and stay safe all, I am outta here!

View attachment 4834498
Daniel Lee obviously has a lot of support as the brand is enjoying a new popularity. Enjoy your new bag!