What do you think of my Arsty?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have been on the fence about selling my artsy due to the short strap drop.
    Thanks to Dr. Spock I saw where she had removed her noe strap and placed a different one on there.
    I have a noe and didn't even think of using the strap on anything else. She helped me think outside the bag :smile:

I attached the noe strap to my Artsy for times when I am wearing a sleeveless shirt, really hot, etc. trying to avoid cracking canvas.

What do you think? I know the patina doesn't match but it will someday.

Let me know if you want mod shots.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394667203.872486.jpg

2. Your Artsy is beautiful. I was also disappointed in how short the strap drop was. In the store when I tried it on it didn't seem like such a big deal but since Ive been carrying my Artsy for awhile now Ive noticed that it really is much too short. A couple extra inches would've made it so much more comfortable. Adding that strap is such a great idea! Please post mod shots!

3. Wow, never would have thought of doing that! Mod shots please.

4. Ok. Be honest.

I will say that this is sooooo comfortable. I wear a lot of sleeveless shirts in the summer.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394674483.665600.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394674495.669173.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394674509.166351.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394674527.339937.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394674542.036022.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394674580.897673.jpg

I feel like I have a new bag!

I saw bjtaylor on YouTube attach a keep all strap to her artsy. I have been looking for a new or used strap but would rather buy another preloved bag instead.
    That's when I got the idea from dr Spock and her noe strap. Boom!

I got my noe preloved for the same price of a new keep all strap.

I'm happy!!

5. I'll be honest: It's pretty as an armheld bag on you, and the strap sure helps it work on the shoulder. But you're fighting the actual nature of the Artsy, and that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If the design of a bag doesn't work for me, I don't keep it.

6. If it works for you and makes the bag more functional then go for it!

7. Good point. And that's why I love the artsy in the first place. But this is just another option for those hot summer months or long shopping trips.

8. I personally don't like it, but what matters is what you like.

9. I love it! You've just inspired me to find a strap for mine. :smile:

10. Personally, I don't like altering the original looks of the bags. But if that's what works the best for you, go for it! :smile:

11. I think it looks great on you and what a fabulous idea. A nice alternative for those hot summer days. Thanks for posting.

12. Thanks for posting this. I always loved the look of artsy but was worried about the strap. Now I can put it on my wish list!

13. I like to keep the original look of my bags... The way it's meant to be.

Artsy is beautiful clutched in your arm, and designed not as a shoulder bag even with that beautiful braided strap.

Personally, I have seen people wear my favorite bag, Pallas, as a cross body bag by buying a extra long strap. I have a strong dislike for it because I believe that the Pallas isn't designed for a cross body.

14. I like the look of the artsy without the strap. I would also be afraid the strap would damage the bag..

15. Now, while I don't personally like it...I wouldn't do it with the Artsy, I do have a strap I've added to my Speedy so I can carry it on my shoulder. I'm sure people don't like what I've done. If it works for you, go for it!