What Do You Think of Messenger Bags?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi PFers! I am thinking about buying a messenger bag, preferably oversized, but am wondering about a few things concerning it: (a) does it have to be a flat bag, or will any bag that has a long strap when worn over the body, be alright? (b) are they a fad or kind of on the classic side? (c) have any of you seen some particularly great ones? (d) I have seen them worn across the body with the bag part in back, almost covering one derriere cheek :cutesy: is that the way they're supposed to be worn?
    its at the point now where I won't buy a bag until i have checked with you all LOL
    Thanks so much for any input!

2. i think the more classic, chic messenger bags are the more vertical ones, though not necessarily flat. Balenciaga and Bottega make some really nice messengers that i think both men AND women can wear.

3. oh i have been searching for this myself and I am eyeing on a b messenger or a bottega too but leaning more towards on the bottega. but the bottega messenger is quite pricey so have to save first :smile:

purse-onality -- good luck on your messenger bag search and do share with us when you find the perfect one

4. thank you both soooo much! i am so appreciative of your info & shall use it when messenger bag searching, IF I even start the search, because.....
    .omg omg...i have just finished scanning thru old threads and now.....may the dear Lord help me...:sweatdrop: .my Coco Cabas Chanel obsession is starting up all over again from pics I saw and stuff read, on the older threads ...........! and the Coco Cabases cannot be had....:cursing:

did I say Messenger bag? what messenger bag? lol does anyone know if a Coco is still available? :hysteric:

<laughing and crying at the same time

PS is there a PF therapist on here who can counsel us when things get soooooooooo bad, obsession-wise??

5. LMAO:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

I wish.

I Love messenger bags! That's why I love bags that have a shoulder strap or handle and an additional longer strap for you to wear it messenger style. Especially during the winter. When I have a heavy coat on, it can be annoying trying to keep a bag on my shoulder. So, it's during the colder months that I use the heck outta the longer, messenger straps. Love the convenience!

6. i love messenger bags!!! i have a convertible jas mb one that can be hand carried or worn cross body, i also have the chloe paddington 'camera' bag, which is a small, messenger style bag. i think they're coming 'back' in style now, but i have worn messengers forever - and truly, i think they're classic

7. Love em :smile:

8. LOVE that passerby!! Style scene sells that one too - i was hoping to review it...but no such luck :sad:

9. ::laughing merrily, twirling and dancing like a Christmas leprecahn!!! got Prada messenger baby today!! olive green...its a dream........i can't wait to be seen......it has a sheen.....its nylon......i'm not lyin'.....ok, its not a coco cabas....but...its modest!!
    L-O-friggin-L:roflmfao: