What do you think of Louis Vuitton sunglasses?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
    I am debating on buying a pair of Louis Vuitton Millionaires and just wanted to get opinions about what people think of them?
    does anyone own a pair ...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LOUIS-VUITTON-MILLIONAIRES-TEAL-EVIDENCE-SUNGLASSES-/270644068834?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item3f03a4c1e2
    If I could get them for $1,000 do you think they would be a good pair i wear sunglasses all the time well i wear my evidence all the time?:smile:

I currently own a pair of Louis Vuitton evidence sunglasses in black just like the ones seen below...
    http://www.geeksunglasses.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/louis-vuitton-sunglasses-spencer-pratt.gif

All opinions are welcomed. Thanks!

2. Unless you plan on keeping them as a collector's item and not using them, then they're not an investment. Sunglasses get scratched, damaged and easily lost.

Personally, although I have designer sunglasses including several Chanels, these days I tend to prefer brands which are experts in eyewear and optics, like Ray Ban.

Good luck with your decision!!

3. I agree with 5elle.

4. I like them but the price does make me stop a little. Without the addition of pescription lenses I cannot really justify spending over 1500 on sunglasses BUT if I wore sunglasses all the time I could definitely justify the price.

5. I would never pay that much for sunglasses. As stated previously, sunglasses become damaged, lost, etc etc... Additionally, what makes these worth that much? Are they gold plated? Made of diamonds? Do they make you breakfast? :P

If you love them and the price doesn't bother you, then I say go for it and wear them in good health. I just personally wouldn't pay that. Good luck with whatever you decide!

6. i agree, if you are going to use the LV Millionaires, then i wouldnt pay $1000 for it. But i own 2 pairs of LV sunglasses and they are better quality than Chanel by far (i own a few as well), and even better than Oliver Peoples which is an established and respected sunglass brand. I would buy LV sunglasses, but probably not the Millionaire....

just my opinion

7. love accessories and sunglasses can make or break an outfit, not to mention how they protect your eyes. I purchased my second pair of Louis Vuitton sunglasses and have gotten so many compliments. Louis Vuitton offers many styles, shapes, and weights of sunglasses, but I found the perfect pair. The salespeople are so helpful. I saw the ones I had wanted in a display case, but figured I'd try on several just to make sure I was getting the best sunglasses for my face. The salesman honestly told me that several of the ones I tried on were too large for my face or too heavy as to leave an imprint on the bridge of my nose. Fortunately, the Louis Vuitton sunglasses that I really wanted were the perfect fit and flattered me. However, they were not in stock and had to be ordered since they were so new. I was promised that they would be ordered and delivered within five days and they were. I absolutely love my Louis Vuitton sunglasses. They fit perfectly, protect my eyes, and are very flattering. I can't wait for the next collection to come out. Thank you Louis Vuitton for making the best sunglasses!

8. Sunglasses are definitely an investment. Some vintage sunglasses from designer brands are selling for thousands of dollars these days because of their unique style and rarity.

But on the other hand, anything over $1000 is A LOT of money to spend on one pair of sunglasses. Regardless of how classic they are, you are bound to get sick of wearing one pair all the time. The teal color in the millionare is really cool and i think Amber Rose wore them, but i don't think it's that classic to justify spending that much money.

But it's up to you. I love the Louis Vuitton Evidence ones you have at the moment.

9. I hold the same opinion as Miss World.

10. They are nice but cost way too much.