what do you think of Kooba Scarlett?

gingerB said:
ooooh lexie...your bag is YUM-my!:love: love that color--very rich. i can't seem to find the scarlett in any color other than cream right now. :worried:

thanks for your opinions ladies...i really like the sienna too, but i'm pretty small framed and like to carry slightly smaller bags (thus far anyway) so i think the scarlett is a better size for me. i tend to not carry that much stuff with me either!

hmmmmm.....decisions decisions...if anyone can find the scarlett in the brown suede...i'd be eternally grateful! i think. it may just make my decision that much harder :weird:

gingerB, you can purchase the Scarlett in brown suede from Kooba's website. http://www.kooba.com/pd/p/8540.html

If you decide that you want a leather Scarlett instead, they have several colors available in leather as well. http://www.kooba.com/pd/cl/112/p/9540.html

Ammietwist said:
They're not apples and oranges, they're handbags.
Oh okay! Thanks for clearing that up!:weird:

The LV Speedy 25 is less than some of the Koobas
You must've missed my point. . . I don't WANT a Speedy.
My point was that there are NO LV's in the $600 range that I want.

I know the value of a LV, but not everyone wants LV's in that price range. Not everyone discriminates against made in China products.
Most people just buy what their eyes like. Her's like Kooba's, and mine too!:biggrin:

Emma Antonia said:
Hi, i like the Scarlett, but it's difficult to find as most seem to only offer the Sienna. Any ideas on where to get the Scarlett?

Emma, check out my post on the top of this page. I linked right to the Kooba website, where you can purchase the suede Scarlett (1st link) and the leather Scarlett (2nd link).

I was obsessed with having that exact bag a year ago. Once I finally got it, it was just.... blah. The style is too small for me personally and the color was just so bland that I returned it.

I recently came across a website www.emporio-moda.com. They say it's guaranteed to be authentic. You can get the scarlet for $295. Have you or has anyone heard of this website? You can get the Kooba Sierra for $395. I'm considering it. Are there other websites that you know of where you can get authentic Kooba's for less?

Judy said:
I recently came across a website www.emporio-moda.com. They say it's guaranteed to be authentic. You can get the scarlet for $295. Have you or has anyone heard of this website? You can get the Kooba Sierra for $395. I'm considering it. Are there other websites that you know of where you can get authentic Kooba's for less?

Judy, I think this website sells fakes.

i think i'm going to wait for my onatah and the kempton to come in. then i'll go to saks or neimans to see if they have both the scarlett and the sienna so i can try em IRL. i'm startingt o lean towrds the leather again just because i have a few suede pures (i love suede!) and i'm kinda in the mood for something different. besides, the leather just looks plain yummy! now the question is cream or metallic? do ya'll think metallics will go out soon or do they have staying power?

Judy said:

judy, i'm pretty sure this site sells fakes. the pics are copied straight off the koba site and the word authentic is plastered across the site so many time red flags are going up everywhere! if you go to resolveclothing.com and sign up for the daily candy, you get a 30% off coupon and they have both the sierra and scarlett.

Emma Antonia said:
Hi, i like the Scarlett, but it's difficult to find as most seem to only offer the Sienna. Any ideas on where to get the Scarlett?

I just picked up my Scarlett in Cream yesterday from KarizmaBoutique (carries Kooba, Botkier, B&D, Bulga, ...), I like it! =) Like GingerB, I am very petite so the Scarlett is a better choice in terms of size. I paid $332.5 + TAX, there's a 30% promotion ($475 - $142.5 -> $332.5) until March 31 (use code Member30% at checkout).
http://karizmaboutique.com/

KarizmaBoutique currently has Scarlett in Cream, Ivory, and Dessert. They have more colors for Sienna - Moss, Dessert, Cream, Ivory, Black, ... Call the store for color availability, some are not on the website yet. According to Michelle and Shellie from Karizma, they will be getting other colors for Scarlett (I can't remember the colors they mentioned). They sold out of Cognac for both Scarlett and Sienna.

I asked about special order, Shellie said they can do that if the item is not discontinued and still available from Kooba.

GingerB,

Before buying my Scarlett from KarzimaBoutique, I saw the cream one IRL at Fashion Island NB's Neiman Marcus (have 2) & Bloomingdales (has 1) 2 weeks ago. I tried it on and wanted it right away (perfect size since I'm only 5ft), but they weren't in good conditions (they were the last ones left). At NM, one was dirty and the other had defects at the bottom of the bag. At Bloomingdales, the leather texture varied so much in 2 sections of the bag (2 of the SAs agreed too!). The NM SA tried to locate the bag from another store, but she said the chance of getting a 'perfectly new' one is difficult b/c most stores show 1 if they carry it; Sienna is easier to get. She said NM carried Scarlett in Black (sold out), Pewter (sold out as well), and Cream.

Since I bought a Cream one, I vote for Cream. =)

gingerB said:
i think i'm going to wait for my onatah and the kempton to come in. then i'll go to saks or neimans to see if they have both the scarlett and the sienna so i can try em IRL. i'm startingt o lean towrds the leather again just because i have a few suede pures (i love suede!) and i'm kinda in the mood for something different. besides, the leather just looks plain yummy! now the question is cream or metallic? do ya'll think metallics will go out soon or do they have staying power?