What do you think of JULIE?

I loved the way the Julie looked (and it can be carried 2 ways), but found it spectacularly unpractical for me. It is flat and things poke out, as Lan said. Everything sinks to the bottom because the bag is quite tall, and the top cinches closed, so it's very difficult to get anything out of the bag without taking it off your shoulder.

I sold mine.

I LOVE the Julie and want to add one to my collection, just haven't found the color I want.

I think for the ladies who mentioned how things poke out or sink to the bottom...use a light weight purse organizer. I have several different sizes and they're perfect for this style of bag...problem solved!

I say get the Julie, such a beautiful under rated BV bag :cool:

some other designer has come out recently with a bag that is almost the same as the Julie. Wish I could remember which one! It's too long/deep for me, but I have seen women wearing this style and it looked lovely and as septembersiren said, casually chic.

I like the Julie, and if you are able to get it in a navy, all the better. It is so difficult to find a great navy casual bag.

I LOVE the Julie and want to add one to my collection, just haven't found the color I want.

I think for the ladies who mentioned how things poke out or sink to the bottom...use a light weight purse organizer. I have several different sizes and they're perfect for this style of bag...problem solved!

I say get the Julie, such a beautiful under rated BV bag :cool:

An organizer won't help with problem of getting things in and out of the bag; the cinching top is a fundamental design flaw IMO. I am also of the opinion that well-designed bags do not require organizers, but I know many, if not most, of the posters here do not share my opinion.

That said, the Julie is a cute bag!

An organizer won't help with problem of getting things in and out of the bag; the cinching top is a fundamental design flaw IMO. I am also of the opinion that well-designed bags do not require organizers, but I know many, if not most, of the posters here do not share my opinion.

That said, the Julie is a cute bag!
YellowLabKiss- how do you organize your bags? i don't use bag organizers and would be very interested in how you organize your bags. i find some bags work better for me organizationally but have never considered bag design as a factor. what do you look for in terms of design? what do you consider a well designed bag? thank you-

Last edited:
New to the BV forum as I have been a big Chloe fan. Just saw the Julie bag and I think I need one:smile: What does everyone think of this bag? Have you seen in dark blue/navy?
Thank you everyone for your thoughts.
- the Julie bag got bumpy when I tried it in the store but maybe I could get past it....
- never tried an organizer so its a thought
- Being a "double handle tote kind of girl" this strap/handle intrigues me. I think I can keep it on my shoulder and get things out at the same time! Yet give my shoulder a break when it gets heavy!

YellowLabKiss- how do you organize your bags? i don't use bag organizers and would be very interested in how you organize your bags. i find some bags work better for me organizationally but have never considered bag design as a factor. what do you look for in terms of design? what do you consider a well designed bag? thank you-

I agree with CaliforniaGal. In terms of design, any bag that is tall and narrow is going to be hard to find things in. Wide and shallow can also be difficult. Items either sink into a dark abyss or they slide out to the sides.

But the type and style of the closure also makes a difference. For example, the Convertible bag is huge, but because the opening is also huge, you can easily see into the bag and find what you're looking for. With the Julie, if I had it hanging on my shoulder, the handle always wanted to pull shut, so I had to use both hands - one to keep the bag open and one to rummage around inside.

In terms of organizing, I find the best way to organize is to carry as little as possible :biggrin: In lieu of that, I always put things in the same place in the bag, instead of just dumping everything in. That ways I can reach in and know where things are. Flat things (magazines, documents) on the zipper pocket side of the bag, which always goes next to me since it is flat. I always put my wallet on the left corner, cellphone to the right corner etc. Tall bags like the Julie or the Cervo Hobo (which I love anyway) tend to jumble the contents together. Pouches or document cases can be useful as well.

i love my julie its a great bag. Although ive only used it a couple times and find there are some light scratches on the smooth lambskin already :sad: its barely noticeable though, get a julie especially in dark colors so it won't get dirty easily mine is in jade green winter 2012 collection. :smile: