What do you think of JPG birkin?

This is a very personal opinion - I think the bag is so mainstream. It has all the design-qualities of a trendbag. I thought it would grow on me. A friend of mine showed me hers in Vert Anis and it did not do anything for me. It was heavy, lumpy and while the construction of it was impeccable(as wit anything Hermes), I found it very much wanting. I would consider it if I had three dozen Birkins already in my walk-in-wardrobe. Otherwise, sigh...no.

I love the JPG shoulder Birkin simply because of the shoulder option. I sometimes hand carry it (and because it is short, it is a clear height away from the ground) when I am in between doing something. It is not a bag to replace the classic Birkin, I must add. The JPG SB is a chic, fun bag, the classic is .... a classic :heart:

Hi everyone, I would say always aim for the classic 35 or 30 first if it's your first. I also find the JPG lumpy, clumsy and heavy even without my stuff in it which was why I sold off mine in a jiffy...for shoulder options go for Kelly or Bolide - much more classic and elegant, and best of all there are different sizes you can choose from, unlike the JPG. Sorry JPG lovers, just my 2 cents' worth :P :lol:

I like my JPG but it IS heavy and there's no interior pocket.

I think that's what bugs me the most - the lack of an interior pocket (I've said this before and I'll say it again: what the hell what Jean Paul Gaultier thinking???:confused1:)

It looks good though - I get the most compliments when I'm carrying that bag, believe it or not.

Lisa

Yep Nefariousmuze Lisa, like I always say - bags designed for the living and breathing woman by men who don't use them - so no pockets...and yet we still willingly fork out thousands to own the bags, we ask for it sometimes :nuts:

Yep Nefariousmuze Lisa, like I always say - bags designed for the living and breathing woman by men who don't use them - so no pockets...and yet we still willingly fork out thousands to own the bags, we ask for it sometimes :nuts:

Yeah Miss Piggy. Designed by a guy. They carry their essentials in their trouser pockets so they don't think a bag design though.

Same reason I wear mostly clothes designed by gals. Guy-designed clothes look great but simply aren't practical. Same w/ the JPG. I feel like some sort of hoarder mammal burrowing around in my JPG everyime I try to find something.

if i had to choose only one bag between the JPG and the classic, it would have to be the classic. at least you know that the birkin is a classic bag to have the rest of your life, not a trendy one like i feel the JPG is. the JPG I tried on was very bulky and hard to carry for me. i'm only 5'3". it wasn't very flattering either. i think it all depends on proportion. anyway, just MHO.

I love my JPG Birkins. It holds tones of stuff and easy to carry on the shoulder...It's pretty, too!

Yeah, those are the positive aspects of the JPG - they DO hold a TON of stuff and for me, a shoulder bag is a huge advantage.

Now don't flame me ladies but...I'm not a huge fan of the Birkin. Don't get me wrong - I love the look of the Birkin, the interior pockets, the choice of skins, the two handles - but carrying it is a major pain in the *ss for me as I'm always running around and need a shoulder bag! If they could only make the JPG a bit more practical with interior pockets and maybe a somewhat smaller size, I'd be perfectly content!!!

Lisa

My friend (the one who spends like 100K at Hermes every year) had been trying to order a vibrato JPG Birkin with inner pocket for quite some time now. Eventually she gave up on the interior pocket in hopes of a better chance of getting her bag but so far it looks to be a lost cause. I wonder if the failure to place her order (I don't think her store is telling her the truth about order being placed) has anything to do with her wanting to "alter" the original JPG Birkin design.

A bag like the shoulder Birkin definitely needs good compartments. It's an awesome bag and it will be absolutely perfect if there are pockets. I carry little odds and ends here and there so I need pockets to put my small things inside. Otherwise my stuff will just slosh around the bag

:throwup: .....what I think of the JPG.........
:wtf: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: Hey, why dont'cha tell us what you REALLY think, GF? It's not a bag I'd wear, to be honest. But I do think it was pretty smart releasing a bag that size with no pockets. It's obvious what you're supposed to do..........
By a couple of karos, coin purses,& various other Hermes little goodies to go inside it!

:wtf: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: Hey, why dont'cha tell us what you REALLY think, GF? It's not a bag I'd wear, to be honest. But I do think it was pretty smart releasing a bag that size with no pockets. It's obvious what you're supposed to do..........
By a couple of karos, coin purses,& various other Hermes little goodies to go inside it!

It's all a marketing scheme to get we H addicts to spend more money on accessories.