What do you think of grey bags with gold hardware?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Recently, I've been seeing grey bags with gold hardware instead of the silver or gunmetal I would expect. Is this to make the bags match silver and gold jewelry? Does it look a bit jarring to you or a great new trend? I can't decide if I like it or not.

2. nice

3. I have a MBMJ hillier in a grey shade with brushed gold hw and I love the contrast. I think it would look weird with silver hw.

4. I like. I have an MJ light grey bag w shiny gold hw. I can mix metals w jewelry and bags, no prob. Idt grey=silver hw.

5. LOVE LOVE....it is the only way I like my gray bags.

6. I love everything gold hardware

7. I saw a Balenciaga online with that combo, and I really liked it!!

8. Funny you mention this. I was just thinking about this yesterday. I love it. I think it makes the hardware really stand out.

9. I prefer gray with silver or gunmetal.

10. I love gray with either hardware. I do think that the gold hardware can make the gray stand out more. Here are my two faves.

The first bag is a Galet (or Pebble) Part Time which is a taupe-gray. The second bag is an Argent Day. This gray is much lighter and a true Dove Gray.

Attached Files:

11. I think of grey bags with gold hardware as a dressier bag, perhaps more ladylike. I think of grey bags with silver hardware as younger and more stylish. I like both depending on how I'm wearing them.

12. At face value, grey bags look better with silver or gunmetal.

13. i love gold HW! i think gray could look great with both though

14. I like it so long as the shade of gold is on the same level as the grey, e.g. a pale gray bag with bright gold hardware looks a bit off to me.

15. I absolutely love this combination of warm and cool together. MAC did a whole makeup collection around this years ago, and I still wear it and love it.