What do you think of coats with three quarter length sleeves?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm thinking of purchasing this coat, but I'm not sure how I feel about the sleeves. I've never had a coat with three quarter length sleeves, does that look silly? Will it look ok with sweaters underneath? Opinions please!

Attached Files:

2. I love them! Just invest in a pair of long leather gloves and you'll be warm.

3. They make no sense, in my opinion, but then again I don't have the use for long gloves.

4. It's a lovely coat, but I would freeze with 3/4 sleeves.

5. Not the most ideal in the middle of a blizzard, but nice for dinner out with some long gloves.

6. Very cute but not practical.

7. I have one that is from the gap. I haven't worn it yet, because it wasn't cold enough lately. Now it is and I might wear it tomorrow.

BTW, I think the one you picked is very cute! Go for it.

8. i think it would look very weird with a sweater or any long sleeve. you'd have to wear it in early fall when it's technically jacket weather, but it's not quite cold enough to warrant an actual coat. long gloves may do the trick, but even so i think the proportions would look strange.

9. Fashionably speaking, it is fabulous for early spring or early fall...I think it would look a bit funny with "long gloves"..the coat looks better worn the way the model is wearing it...hey, if you live in a moderately warm area, then this is a great coat!

Practically speaking, it would definitely not keep you warm in the winter [in most states at least]..and long gloves or a long sweater underneath is so not cute! :tdown:

10. I like them, like MissPinkBarbie said, they're good for fall/spring. Or if you live in the south like me, they're still great in the winter

11. I have a couple. They aren't practical, but I wear them when I'm only outside for a small amount of time. They're cute, though.

12. I'm not a fan of this particular coat, but I think three-quarter length sleeves are very elegant and flattering for the right season. Something about 3/4 on a trench looks odd to me, though.

13. Where I live there is sunshine 300 days a year, and most of the days are around 20 degrees Celsius, so I mostly wear this type of coat. I love it!

14. 3/4 sleeves can be very elegant, but not terribly practical. In the past they were always worn with dressier clothes and long gloves; many stores display them with long gloves next to them. So for every day wear a coat with 3/4 length sleeves might not work so well.

15. I actually don't have ANY full-sleeve jackets or coats, but I live in Los Angeles. I wear gloves with my coats with shorter sleeves or go without when it's warm enough. BTW, I think long gloves in black would look gorgeous with that coat.