what do you think of "coach"?

I purchased a beautiful Parker Hobo on sale in a lovely taupe color. This bag is simple, comfortable, perfectly sized, priced right, goes with everything, easy to clean, and so far I haven't seen anyone else with it. I have bought many many different bags, and at least with Coach I know I'm getting a good and well-made product. I cannot say that for many of the other "trendy" new designers. Many of those bags have gone back to to crappy workmanship. Maybe there is a reason Coach is so readily available - maybe it is because they are in fact a good company with a good product. I agree with the other posters also in that there are many styles to choose from.

I have Coach bags from years ago too that have stood the test of time.

:lol:

Dear gal,

Where I come from, LV Neverfull is a VERY common bag :lol: Bet you are glad that you don't live here!

hunny, are you in toronto? I dont want to see another Speedy or Neverfull! And so many fakes too! I see them as often as Carlys. Truly I am nauseated by the girls dragging the broke down LV Speedys around the place with that belly hanging down. Bring on the Chloe, lol. I love Coach for their leather and their commitment to the quality of the bag. They've mad some boo-boos but I know that no other designer will repair or replace at the drop of a hat. And in the long run that's more important to me. And this whole anti- teen, anti-middle-aged, anti-granny sentiment of the OP is what strikes me as uncool. I trust that she doesn't plan to ever get to middle age because she'd have to give up all her bags. How sad!

I agree however that once you buy something (particular item or brand) you are more conscious of them all around you. I have that experience whenever I change my car :smile:

I can assure you that Coach bags I like, I rarely see. In fact, I have never run into anyone carrying the same bag I am carrying at that particular time and I cover the country and go into the US on work too.

:lol:

Dear gal,

Where I come from, LV Neverfull is a VERY common bag :lol: Bet you are glad that you don't live here!

LOL! Ditto, hunnyplaya!

Ivenvy - if your reason on feeling this way toward Coach is largely due to the fact that it's so common, then you might not want to come to most parts of Asia (Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, etc) with your LV bag. They're everywhere... Speedys, Neverfulls, Almas, Messenger bags, etc.

I don't LOVE Coach but I own quite a number of them. Quality is superb as I have ones that are over 10 years old. Their range has become so wide to make it more accessible to a greater group of customers. Nothing wrong with that.

I love COACH. It was my "gateway" brand into the handbag world.
As for seeing a lot of COACH bags around lately, who cares? Carry what you love and dont worry about anyone else.

I think once you reach the status of coach with so many fakes many authentic buyers stop. Coach was my first love at 13 and quickly become blase but recentyl I have bought some great coach bags and an even better discount and I love them but Coach is not my go to handbag.

Generally I am not a fan of Coach. I do own two beautiful Coaches though.:heart: A metallic silver Madison & a winter white patent tote. Most of the bags Coach makes are not very pretty! JMO here.

There are way too many girls/ladies carrying Coach bags where I live. And I'd bet 50% of them are fake. There are several places in my town selling fake Coach & whatever. So it turns me off.:tdown: Also I am not a fan of there signature canvas bags. I don't care for designers who scream thier name all over thier bags.

i feel like coach has been going down in popularity lately in my opinion. There monogrammed bags used to be so popular and now i rarely see them.

on the other hand, i have seen a few stars wit new leather ones without coach written all over them and i am a fan

I loved Coach for years (hence my user name). But last year I found myself becoming bored with the brand and I ended up selling all of my Coach bags to fund Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs and a couple of Rebecca Minkoff bags. I have nothing against the brand, I just personally got bored.

However, I tried on a grey Sabrina at Macy's yesterday and I loved it. I almost bought it, but decided to think about it. I'm still undecided, but it is a gorgeous bag!

I like old school coach. :smile:

I love the beautiful tanned leather and simple classic designs. I still have a red leather messenger that I bought 10 years ago. I don't use it often (like ONCE) but I love it.

IMO, Coach still makes beautiful quality handbags. But it has diversified a lot and some of the designs are decidedly tacky. The same could be said for most designers too. However, I do think that the early monogram canvas designs were a bad copy of other more famous designer brands BUT Coach was very successful with its advertising campaign. Then fakes started popping out everywhere and gave Coach a bad rep.

I would still buy a Coach purse. There are still beautiful designs that will wear well 10 years from now.

Coach has so many designs and a great variety of styles. There really is something for everybody.

I have been a Coach fan and purchaser for 20 years. I live in a state with 3 boutiques, 3 outlets and many department stores that carry Coach. I very rarely see people that are carrying Coach and absolutely LOVE it when I do. Seeing others carry Coach makes me feel like I have something wonderful in common with that person, a total stranger! I constantly check out what other women are using as a purse/bag and even have DH on the bandwagon. Long live Coach! :wlae:

I see tons of people carrying Coach and LV and I think "good for you!" It doesn't bother me at all and I carry mine just as happily as if no one else around here had them.

The new "InStyle" mag has a page on Coach in it, they said that one of every 4 accessory dollars in the US is spent on Coach. They listen to their customer base and try to create new ones with new products continuously, all the while keeping the classics available online too.

I own a lot of the high end brands, but the truth is, not one of them outshines the quality of my Whiskey Mandy or Ali. None. :biggrin:

I was really into monogram coach a while ago. Thats what got me into the world of designer handbags. Now that I have explored other brands, I don't see myself buying a monogram coach. Although I LOVE many of their leather selections.

Love it - I've tried many other brands and always come back because I can find a bag for whatever my "need" may be. I love all of my leather bags, but there are times when I want something lightweight or easy to carry that I don't have to baby...and all I have to do is go shopping in my closet to pick out one of the bags that caught my eye in the last 16 years or so.

My watch, my shoes, and my jewelry all get "faked" too...doesn't mean I don't enjoy them or think any less of what I have. Until I have the means and the *desire* to buy one of a kind goods that are individually crafted just for my special snowflake of a person, someone else probably has it too. TBH, that doesn't bother me a bit...it's fun to chat for a moment with a stranger who shares something in common with me. Some people like to have totally unique bags, that's just not a priority for me.

So, I guess someday I can say that I carried Coach from when I was a teenager until I was a grandma, and all the time in between :biggrin:

I see it all over so I do get that feeling it's overdone a bit but that doesn't stop me from liking the brand. I have a few Coach bags and I love to wear them and the leather is top quality and they last forever. I get a little tired seeing the logos all over the place, my bags tend to not have C's all over it but I love the styles and leather.

Your talking about a company that's been around for over 50 years. Brands don't last that long if they aren't doing something right. It's classic and it's one of those brands that just stay popular forever.

Oh and btw I do own many other brands like LV, BV, etc. but I don't wear them everyday. I like a little change once in awhile so they sit right next to my Coach, Makowsky and other bags I have. I find I tend to wear them more then the higher priced bags.