What do you think of bold glasses?

Hi! I wasn't sure where to post this--not quite health and beauty, not quite jewelry either.

I have been wearing glasses for a few yrs. I have recently gotten back to wearing contacts "part time" so at least I know I can wear them to formal events, sporting events, etc.

My current glasses are a dark brown plastic versace frame, a fairly bold frame on my face, but I just got a bit bored of it after 2 years. It is my face after all and it's nice to have a bit of variation.

47376.jpg

As a second pair I just had my local place order these in "havana" which is a darkish tortoise shell with black crystals on the side.

A swatch of the acutal color is here:
http://www.glassesonweb.com/catalog.../3096 b / 3096b / ch3096b_black_pid47376.html

What's your gut instinct? Too blingy? Just right? I am 28 and wear pretty casual clothes most of the time (ie jeans, dark sneakers, and a cashmere sweater or hoodie). I thought they'd be a good boost to my look.

Sorry I don't have any photos of me wearing them. I took a few photos on my phone but for some reason they got deleted when I got home.

Just wondering how you feel about these in general. Would you consider wearing them?

YES! Those are cute and aren't too over the top. I just got a pair of Versace glasses. The part that holds the lenses is black and the "legs" are white. And there's some crystal detail on the side of the legs.

I LOVE the look of bold glasses as long as they're not overwhelming! Those are very cute!

Congrats on your new versaces! Mine have held up really well. And I still looooove the color, it's like a soft, washed/burnished/variegated brown. Really nice on my veeeerrrry pale skin and jet brown hair! I hope mine aren't too dark--the tortoise is definitely darker than my current ones. What I like about these frames is that they aren't tooo heavy in the front so they aren't too overwhelming, it's the sides that have all the glitz--so you don't end up seeing too much frame all @ once.

i love them. iv got a ralpf lauren pair similar to the chanels. i think they are a nice everyday type of glasses. depends on how your hair is though, i dnt think they would look as good on someone with light hair, mines dark brown

Love it! I have a pair similar to the chanel's in the OP. Yeah, I do need glasses more and more these days, so I have a pair like this, my "nerd-y pair" as I call them, and some with thinner, rounder frames.

Looks great!!

Those are actually similar to my new prada frames...except my prada frames just have 5 black crystals in a line on the temples. They're definitely very bold frames...but I've gotten a TON of compliments on them since I got them. They were good for me too because I have a super high prescriptions and the style of the frame helps disguise that. I work for a super conservative company...and everyone at work loves them as well as all my outside clients I work with.

These are them but mine are black
vpr04gs.jpg
(thats not me by the way...is a pic from an online eyeglass store!).