what do you think of Bleu jean?

Thank you nicole!
It is Taurillon Novillo.
It's softer than Togo but a bit tighter than Swift Leather.

Oh so sorry nicole :facepalm:
I misunderstood you, the BE is Taurillon Novillo.
The JPG Shoulder B is Clemence.
Thank you! Novillo looks like an amazing leather, thank you for the description. Your Blue Jean JPG is such a pretty sky blue shade; is the picotin also clemence?

I am considering buying a Bleu Jean Bolide in Clemence. It’s such a hard color to judge what it will look like in person. If you have one can you post photos of it? And do you find it easy to pair with outfits? I’m a very casual dresser so I don’t need it to be a dressy bag but I also don’t want it to look out of place due to the color. Is it a good neutral color color (instead of browns/black) or something that will be difficult to use day to day?

I am considering buying a Bleu Jean Bolide in Clemence. It’s such a hard color to judge what it will look like in person. If you have one can you post photos of it? And do you find it easy to pair with outfits? I’m a very casual dresser so I don’t need it to be a dressy bag but I also don’t want it to look out of place due to the color. Is it a good neutral color color (instead of browns/black) or something that will be difficult to use day to day?
My personal feeling about Bleu Jean is that it looks very different IRL than it does in photos. I wanted this color desperately until I saw it in person. I'd suggest if at all possible you find a physical resale store with Bleu Jean items. (This is of course all very subjective and many folks love the color.)

just wanted to add its the color i have always loved and the one that has never loved me back LOL i have a blue jean at H now literally leather rip in the back corner my first blue jean was replaced by H, bad leather, my box blue jean is the only bag i have had something taken from at a friends house someone went through my bag and my 25cm vintage/2004 first run 25cm. blue jean had a clou fall from one of the plaques. so I LOVE IT,LOVE THE LOOK,but i won't fight it when i want t wear blue jean i wear Vuitton denim. and the rest of my bags will always be H. just not blue jean .............. hope it helps.the bag on my profile is the one now at H spa. proving i love this color just seems to not want to love me .

I have a blue jean kelly and like the color a lot. I've owned blue saphir and blue electric and prefer the blue jean to both of those. It's a dusty blue and I personally find it neutral and wearable with all of my wardrobe. I guess its wearability depends on your style and preference for wardrobe colors. For me it doesn't seem dressy because of its lighter shade--I'd consider the blue jean more casual. When I first got mine I was surprised at how unpopular the color seems to be, but there are too many H blues to pick from and like. Mine is swift so it's quite glossy and probably brighter than some of the other leathers would be.

I feel like Blue Jean holds sentimental value for many. It certainly does for me. I don’t own any bags in Blue Jean but a B35 Blue Jean is what first got me interested in Hermès bags. Back in the late 90s when I was a young lawyer living in London I remember sitting with a friend at the juice bar that was (at that time) on the ground floor of Harvey Nichols next to a woman in a white t, jeans, a stunning aquamarine necklace and that Blue Jean birkin. I was sold. :smile:

I’m not a fan. blue Jean was everywhere when it came out, and it’s hard to work into a wardrobe. And, I’m of the opinion that almost anything goes. I had a blue Jean JPG. It looked best with white denim, but with contrast stitching, it made me feel too matchy matchy. JMO though

I'm with @880 I remember when it first came out and it very much considered to be the 'must have 'colour.
And yes..it was everywhere.
I've never been a fan.
And again I agree with @880 that it looks best worn with white jeans and a breton striped t-shirt or a big white shirt.
or perhaps with a Navy outfit it would work but as a colour it just doesn't appeal to me.

I never liked BJ when it was the rage, now I'm beginning to like it. Blues are definately the colours that suit me best, so I wear a lot of blue. BUT, so far, the only Hermès blues I like are Bleu Marine and Bleu Thalassa, and now also BJ. Blue Electric and all the more recent blues I really don't like.

Bleu Jean is Iconic and if I could I would get it now as when it first appeared I wanted a white Birkin just like Kate Moss was toting around. I also wasn't a fan of the contrast stitching BUT that was 20+ years ago :lol: and now I would love one for nostalgia sakes