what do you think of a prada wallet? (prada newbie)

minababe

♥
O.G.
Jan 6, 2007
I want to buy a designer wallet. Looking after lv, gucci .. but nothing what I really really like.
Now I found this one. prada wallet for 290 euros. soo beautiful.
But I had nothing else from prada. So I don't know anything about quality etc.

So what do you think? a good investment?

I'm really thankful for all your help:smile:

Attachments

• prada wallet.jpg
    prada wallet.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,672
  • prada wallet2.jpg
    prada wallet2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 875
Well, I never look at a wallet as an investment. To me "investment" indicates that it has resale value. And I suppose in theory it might, but I usually use my wallets until they are worn and not in condition for resale.

But, I really love Prada wallets, and especially the style that you have pictured there. (In fact I have a pink one just like your picture!) Every wallet (except one) that I have bought in the last 10 years has been Prada. I think they are well made, functional, and beautiful!

I am very hard on my wallets though and I would say the average life of a wallet that I use every day is about a year and half (two years maximum). But that's me. The wallet is certainly capable of lasting longer if you take care of it!

Good luck with your decision!

What do I think of a Prada wallet? :thinking:

attachment.php

:cloud9: LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! :cloud9:

Yes, I'm in favor of them. ;)

This is my 2007 red gaufre wallet. I've been carrying it non-stop for two years now and have no plans of replacing it. Just a word of advice though. Do NOT buy a metallic saffiano wallet like the one in your picture above. The metallic finish doesn't hold up very well. Stick to plain dyed leathers like mine. You'll get a lot more mileage out of it.

What do I think of a Prada wallet? :thinking:

attachment.php

:cloud9: LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! :cloud9:

Yes, I'm in favor of them. ;)

This is my 2007 red gaufre wallet. I've been carrying it non-stop for two years now and have no plans of replacing it. Just a word of advice though. Do NOT buy a metallic saffiano wallet like the one in your picture above. The metallic finish doesn't hold up very well. Stick to plain dyed leathers like mine. You'll get a lot more mileage out of it.

where is the difference??
on yours is a zippy too.

PP> I love your gauffre wallet! am hoping to get it in Nero color :smile:

Girlycharlier> nice collection of wallets! i like the size of the orange wallet on the right !

saffiano wallets can last a long time. mine does not show any kind of wear at all. have it for 7 years now. i'm not sure about metallic saffiano...

PP i wish i knew about the metallic before buying my wallet. i had a good experience with my other saffiano wallets, that i bought another one recently... it might be metallic... how can you tell if it's metallic vs. not? i may have to post pics later for you to determine...

PP - i like that gaufre wallet too! sounds like it's pretty durable... now i'll have to get one! waverine - i think you should get one to match your new gaufre too!!!

girlycharlie - i love your colorful wallet collections!!!

Chic> was browsing Raffaello Network and saw the black wallet there! a bit too pricey for a wallet though.. $609!
guess have to look really hard for sale price.......or maybe check if Joanna will bring in some... last i checked she only has it in Bambu..

I have the Prada gauffre one pictured by prada psycho but in black. I've banged around that thing and it still is looking real good!

Are you ok with your wallets showing wear after a while? The light color and the metallic does bother me a bit...it will show wear...but if you like the color, then go for it!

Saffiano leather is definititely more durable! mine looks close to new after repeated use of 1.5 years! only the gold hardware was started fading slightly. hope u will find your beautiful prada wallets!