What do you think of a bag in rouge vif chevre?

Dear Ms. Orchids:

Thank you SO MUCH for this though explanation!!! I've went back to leather ref thread and with your explanation, my brain just went 'DING' (lightbulb goes on), ah I can see the difference in leather/color/reflection to the eyes!!!

Thank you, I feel I've learn a GREAT deal today!!!

Ms. S, thank you SO for starting this thread and now I have enough dose of "cherry" (red) today....

Rocker, if you find rouge vif in chevre, you MUST take it! It's my grail bag!!! It's not a colour that is currently offered in chevre so it will be very hard to come by and the resellers may be the only way to go at this stage, unfortunately.

It's the most gorgeous blue-toned red you will see. Almost berry red, if you like. And with the chevre sheen, ahhhh, it's heavenly!

The birkin that is posted in this thread is mine, and I think that the picture is very true to color. It is in chevre coramandel, and I"m not sure if that is why it appears different than what some have seen...?
At any rate, I LOVE the combo and haven't regretted the purchase for a minute. If someone offered to trade me for any color/skin combo, I wouldn't give up this bag. It gets used everyday, with every outfit. It's definitely not a subtle bag/color, but it's not outrageous. I think that red is a near-neutral. I would have a harder time carrying a fuschia or violette--just because those color families are less common and somehow seem louder, if that makes sense.
RC, you could rock this bag. And, if you bought it and changed your mind, it would be an easy resell given the rarity of both the color and the skin.

Rockerchic- I got a Rouge Vif 35 birkin in chevre w/ GH for Xmas, but because I really want a black chevre I returned the rouge vif. It's gorgeous in person and I think you'll really like it. I think the shininess of chevre makes the red bag look very jewel-like. Judging from your past posts, you seem to have a casual/ playful style. I think the rouge vif would be a lovely addition, and not compete with your outfits.

CK---it's funny, on my monitor downstairs, the color is very true to life, but on my laptop it appears muted.

In any case, Rouge VIF is gorgeous in person, and not to mention very rare in Chevre. I think you just can't go wrong RC. For pix of women with Rouge VIF bags, there are some of Jade Jagger and Kate Moss in the celebs thread.

Rouge VIF in chevre is gorgeous! It is a true red, lightweight, and has a great scent. It's a nice pop of color, kind of like the red on a CL shoe sole, and it would compliment just about any outfit :yes:

DSC007851.jpg

Here is a chevre in rouge vif that was available at a reseller side. Also one of my holy grail bags. I would have gotten this one, but it was a HAC and I peferred a Birkin.

Also, there was a member who, a ways back, posted her photo of her bag. It was TDF and made me fall in love with the bag.

TG, I'm so in love with those pics you posted. Yes, if only that was a Birkin instead!!

smurfet, that rouge vif Birkin you got last Xmas, was that someone's SO that they passed up? Did you happen to check what the datestamp was as in, was it a "J" stamp or earlier perhaps?

ck21 -- You are so lucky! That is my holy grail bag, but I have yet to this color/leather combo in a Birkin where I live. Although I think rouge garance and vermillion are pretty, for me, it's just not the same as a rouge vif.

The birkin that is posted in this thread is mine, and I think that the picture is very true to color. It is in chevre coramandel, and I"m not sure if that is why it appears different than what some have seen...?
At any rate, I LOVE the combo and haven't regretted the purchase for a minute. If someone offered to trade me for any color/skin combo, I wouldn't give up this bag. It gets used everyday, with every outfit. It's definitely not a subtle bag/color, but it's not outrageous. I think that red is a near-neutral. I would have a harder time carrying a fuschia or violette--just because those color families are less common and somehow seem louder, if that makes sense.
RC, you could rock this bag. And, if you bought it and changed your mind, it would be an easy resell given the rarity of both the color and the skin.

I was told someone had been waiting 2 years for it but then changed her mind. I'm not sure if it was a SO. I also didn't look at the stamp. It wasn't til recently that I noticed (from another thread) that there are rumors that Rouge Vif has been discontinued. Is it true? I saw it this Xmas.

I was told someone had been waiting 2 years for it but then changed her mind. I'm not sure if it was a SO. I also didn't look at the stamp. It wasn't til recently that I noticed (from another thread) that there are rumors that Rouge Vif has been discontinued. Is it true? I saw it this Xmas.

smurfnetthanks for your response! There are other ladies who are more knowledgeable, but my undertanding based on previous posts (I may be wrong here) is that Hermes is promoting rouge garance over rouge vif and, therefore, rouge vif is somewhat on a "suspended status". Ladies, please feel free to correct me if I have misstated this.