What do you think/know of the Alezan color?

nuinuinui

O.G.
Oct 2, 2009
Does any TPFer have any H bags in Alezan color?
Is it a seasonal color?
Do you think it gets dirty easily?
Is it an easy-to-match color for your wardrobe?

Sorry lots of questions here, I just cannot make a decision if Alezan is a color I should take. help...:confused1:

Nuinuinui, are you able to see the bag IRL or at least get really good reference pictures? If you are only able to get pictures, have them put the color next to something you DO recognize, like an LV bag, or some other H color that you do have.

As for alezan, I personally have a hard time with this color as I do with gold. My skintone just does not go well with this part of the color spectrum. I also dress a bit more formally for work, so this color tends to be more casual imho.

Regarding your questions, here is a pic ilovecocochanel's 35cm retourne alezan clemence kelly from the ref section.
attachment.php

I do think you can use this bag year round, and yes it is a seasonal color. So if you do like it, you should get it. Unless it does very well, it probably will not be around for very long. I don't think it will get dirty easily. As for your wardrobe, it can probably go with most colors, even if you wear a lot of color. It probably just doesn't go with bright yellow or orange.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayeoh
Alezan is somewhat darker than gold, and like a lot of Hermes colors, it's a bit of a chameleon, looking different in shadow, sunlight, and artificial light. It is a very neutral medium brown, not as gray/clay-colored as etoupe, not as warm/yellow as gold. Like gold, it is pretty much an all-year round color and seems to me a very classic color for leather goods, meaning it can work with lots of clothing palettes. That said, I would say it is related to the gold family, so if you like gold, you will probably like Alezan, but if not--
As hermesmonkey said, if you can possibly get a look at a bag in this color that would be best, but if not, a photograph of the color next to a known shade, taken both with and without flash, is a good option! Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thank you so much Hermesmonkey, Mindi B, India. It feels warm to see your responses as I'm very confused.

Yes, i have seen the bag and was offered a 25 birken in togo in this color. It was at night time so I'm not sure if I was looking at the right color. I have beening thinking about this for days.... reasons I'm confused:

- I had a Chanel 2.55 in a camel/yellow (sort of like) and it got darkened so easily without active use, i just worry if my birkin turns out to be the same i'll get my heart broken :cry: Any Gold color user went through the same and have experience to share?
- I already got another baby birken (in blue like peacock blue but not sure about the proper name), I love it heaps and my DH agrees I look best with baby B's. I wonder do i really need another one?? (this could very well be a stupid question to ask in the H forum hehe)
- the next color in my wish list was somewhere in the red/pink family (I love the one in your avatar Hermesmonkey :smile:), I know i can only get it by luck some day and I've been drooling seeing all those Rouge reveals by other lucky TPFers. It didn't feel quite right to get another color before my dream one, but then...it goes so beautifully with many colors in the wardrode...and it's so lucky to have met a B in my local H boutique...

May be I should wait til I get to see the baby again in day time and decide?

It was at night time so I'm not sure if I was looking at the right color. I have beening thinking about this for days.... reasons I'm confused:

- I had a Chanel 2.55 in a camel/yellow (sort of like) and it got darkened so easily without active use, i just worry if my birkin turns out to be the same i'll get my heart broken :cry: Any Gold color user went through the same and have experience to share?
- I already got another baby birken (in blue like peacock blue but not sure about the proper name), I love it heaps and my DH agrees I look best with baby B's. I wonder do i really need another one?? (this could very well be a stupid question to ask in the H forum hehe)
- the next color in my wish list was somewhere in the red/pink family (I love the one in your avatar Hermesmonkey :smile:), I know i can only get it by luck some day and I've been drooling seeing all those Rouge reveals by other lucky TPFers. It didn't feel quite right to get another color before my dream one, but then...it goes so beautifully with many colors in the wardrode...and it's so lucky to have met a B in my local H boutique...

May be I should wait til I get to see the baby again in day time and decide?

Definitely wait to see it in the daytime. If you have a baby birkin in blue paon or turquoise, I think this neutral color may be a bit too subtle for you. The baby birkins look great in brights!

I would see it in the daytime, but would lean you towards trying to get a red/pink as your next bag. If you like something more neutral, perhaps get a bigger bag, so that you have some variety in size?

Alezan looks very muddy to me. For a warm-towned brown in spring/summer, I much prefer gold, especially in togo. And, for fall/wnter, I prefer cafe and chocolat both of which are somewhat darker but very neutral.

I actually prefer Alezan to Gold. It's a fresher colour. Not so deep and intense like Gold.

Question: I had always assumed Alezan being pronounced as "Ah-lee-zan", only to hear someone say its name over the phone (which I couldn't catch) and I was like "I beg your pardon????" ... leaving her to spell the name out for me :blush:

How does one pronounce Alezan in French? :P

it should be ahl-uh-zohn

all i know is it should never be pronounced like "zen"

i don't really like this colour on me. it is too greyish yellow, someone pointed out it reminded her of mud. i think on the right person, it is still a great neutral and alternative to gold.

Last edited:
Alezan is somewhat darker than gold, and like a lot of Hermes colors, it's a bit of a chameleon, looking different in shadow, sunlight, and artificial light. It is a very neutral medium brown, not as gray/clay-colored as etoupe, not as warm/yellow as gold. Like gold, it is pretty much an all-year round color and seems to me a very classic color for leather goods, meaning it can work with lots of clothing palettes. That said, I would say it is related to the gold family, so if you like gold, you will probably like Alezan, but if not--
As hermesmonkey said, if you can possibly get a look at a bag in this color that would be best, but if not, a photograph of the color next to a known shade, taken both with and without flash, is a good option! Hope this helps. Good luck!

I happen to have seen this bag in person in a 35 cm kelly!!! It is the most stunning color! I love it! It isnt brown though. It is more of a khaki beige color. Its so much nicer than the gold (in my opinion).
Its more neutral espcially if you want to wear it with jeans--the gold is just toooo much of a contrast. This is more low keyed and neutral. Doesnt have contrasting stitching either.
I love it with gold hardware. I have an opportunity to buy a 40 cm Birken right now in this color but with palladium hw so I think Im going to pass. I always wear yellow gold or rose gold jewelry and prefer my hw on bags to match my jewelry. Though this color has enough "gold" in it to work with my jewelery even if it has the palladium hw.
I also LOVE the rasin color----

Well I actually own the 35 Kelly pictured above and I love it to bits.

Its not as OUT there as Gold, its very understated, and really matches easily with all my clothing. Very neutral colour.

Don't get me wrong, when I was in the store, I happened to see a Gold Birkin, as much as I like the colour, I really thought that Alezan was a breath of fresh air. New and hopefully discontinued so less is seen around:smile:

When I was in FSH, I asked for avail Kellys, and SA mentioned that they had a brown/coffee shade like Gold. I was interested immediately. But she told me it was with PHW. I was like oh NO! If I were to get a Brown shade i wanted it to be with GHW (just my preference) So I just asked her to bring it out so I could see this colour.

When she brought the package up, opened the box, it was ALEZAN with GHW despite the tag saying PHW on the box

It was love @ first sight and sold to me in 2 secs!:smile:

Just a lil story i tot id share..