What do you think: Alma PM or Chanel 227

mimiash

Jan 22, 2015
Dear All, I have been wanted to get a red color handbag and found Alma PM in Epi Carmine and Fuchsia are stunning. I currently have a Chanel 227 distressed patent in black sitting on my shelf for half a year now and could not find any occasion to use it and it seems very big to me because I am 5'1". I am wondering if I should sell the Chanel to fund the Alma PM plus something else like Favorite MM in DE. Chanel seems to be a little too dressy for my lifestyle.

In addition to the 227, I currently have Chanel Medium Double Flap in black with GHW, Chanel Chevron Mini So Black, Half Moon WOC in black, LV Speedy B 25, LV Totally PM, LV Alma PM in Epi Noir, Balenciaga Town in Black and City in Grey color.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 8.39.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 8.39.49 AM.png
    995 KB · Views: 584
Thats hard.if the reissue is in calf, then i will keep it. But it is patent!! But u ald have 2 almas in ur collection.
If u still wanna sell it,what about getting other bag than alma? Just my two cents ☺☺

I love the patent and would use that for everyday with jeans as well as for dressier occadions! But, if you aren't using it and probably won't them decide on something else. Something totally different by Louis Vuitton even.

I think it's time to move on. You already know how incredibly wearable LV Epi is. The red shades are so versatile. I say sell the unused Chanel get the Alma. You have a great well rounded collection.

I had a black electric epi alma pm and ever used it because I thought it looked too dressy. It was too small to carry my essentials to work, and too much for the weekends. I sold it and never looked back. However, I can't speak for the reissue :shrugs: I don't have one. I have a jumbo, and I never used that either LOL. I find myself grabbing my Chanel mini and old medium boy. If you are looking for something casual maybe look in another direction? I'm thinking about the epi neverfull. Good luck!!!

IMO 227 is too big, plus patent makes it look even bigger (personally I think patent leather looks better in Smaller size). Sell it and get the LV (or another Chanel bag) that you can use.

*1. I absolutely love the LV carmine color. Alma is a great bag too!

Thank you so much for all your suggestions. I just sold my Chanel 227 and bought the Alma PM in Carmine. Loving it. I can see myself using it a lot especially during this time of the year and when I wear black, white and grey with a hint of red.

Wish you all a wonderful holiday!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 5.56.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 5.56.22 PM.png
    715.5 KB · Views: 348
Thank you so much for all your suggestions. I just sold my Chanel 227 and bought the Alma PM in Carmine. Loving it. I can see myself using it a lot especially during this time of the year and when I wear black, white and grey with a hint of red.

You made the right choice!

I am 5'1"-5'2" too, 227 is just way too big for our body frame plus its patent leather, when you carry it I can imagine all attention would go to your bag. I can picture myself with that size bag just like a Santa helper is carrying Santa's gift bag. Lol!

I have another LV bag in this exact shade of red. It's my favorite red they ever made. I wish they would bring back more bags in this shade of red.