What do you think about this patina?

Apr 1, 2009
Hey guys, I'm thinking about purchasing a galleria pm and am looking at pre-owned ones (too expensive at the store for me ATM). What do you think about the patina on the vachetta of this bag and the condition? The price is fair so I'm seriously considering it. There's no big marks or anything on it but just wanted to get a feel for other people's opinions on the scruffs and the evenness of the patina. Are the marks really a big deal? Would you go for it or pass? Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0473.JPG
    DSC_0473.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_0500.JPG
    DSC_0500.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC_0592.JPG
    DSC_0592.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_0619.JPG
    DSC_0619.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC_0581.JPG
    DSC_0581.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 187
I personally would pass. There are too many dirty spots and marks by the rings and the interior looks dingy. I love the Galliera but I have just seen too many that don't age very well.

It could be alot worse...

But ME... I would pass. I spent FOREVER (so it felt) looking for preloved Speedy 25 with patina I could live with. It is soooo tireing... I know. Looking, asking for photos, getting it authenticated... I finally found one (I'm waiting for it to arrive) that looked pretty perfect in the pics. This is a personal choice for you- would you be proud to carry that specific bag? If yes, BUY IT!!! If not... keep looking and saving.

Goodluck hon!

thanks for all the replies and support :smile:. the price is around $700. are the stains/marks not normal for wear and tear? i've wanted a galleria for a while now but can't afford to spend more than $700. i was going to use that money for a nf mm later. between the nf and galleria, i definitely prefer the galleria much more and finally found one in my price range, hence the dilemma if this one is worth the price. i've looked on ebay and bonanzle to get an idea of how much a pre-owned galleria would be but didn't get a good sense since there aren't that many listed. is $700 an average price for one? im not too picky on things and know that eventually everything will look used. however are the stains so noticeable that it will be embarrassing to carry it out? also i tend to switch bags quite often and grow out of things (horrible habit i know :sad:), so would this have a decent resale value in the condition it's in if i decide to not keep it later? can some of the marks still be erased with baby wipes/erasers?

Last edited:
If I was you I'd just go get a brand new NF! That way you can break it in yourself! But maybe that's just me (I prefer to purchase new from the store). Good luck and let us know what you decide.

thanks, i will. i may just hold off and buy a nf instead when if i go to europe next year. i wish i can see the bag in person because it's hard to judge from pictures, but unfortunately i won't be able to meet the seller up.