What do you think about this patina?

I think $700 is a fair price for it. That's a little more than half price! I say get it, give it some TLC, and a good home. You can sunbathe it a few days to even the color. It just looks rained on to me.

For $700 I think it is a pretty good deal. If you do not mind the marks I would go for it at that price. I cannot promise but I would think you can probably clean up some of the black marks. Also if you do buy it make sure to take it into LV and have them change the rings to help keep it from getting worse.

Here are a few threads about it.
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...-wearing-really-badly-anyone-else-563481.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...owners-question-about-brass-marks-568292.html

For $700 I think it is a pretty good deal. If you do not mind the marks I would go for it at that price. I cannot promise but I would think you can probably clean up some of the black marks. Also if you do buy it make sure to take it into LV and have them change the rings to help keep it from getting worse.

Here are a few threads about it.
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...-wearing-really-badly-anyone-else-563481.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...owners-question-about-brass-marks-568292.html

thanks for your input lilmountaingirl and thanks beljwl for the links. in the first thread, some of the girls said that LV offered to change the rings free of cost or offered some type of help. if i dont have the receipt or was not the original purchaser, do you think they'll still help me out or be able to do anything?

thanks for your input lilmountaingirl and thanks beljwl for the links. in the first thread, some of the girls said that LV offered to change the rings free of cost or offered some type of help. if i dont have the receipt or was not the original purchaser, do you think they'll still help me out or be able to do anything?

I also bought my mono galliera used. They never asked me for a receipt. But I cannot guarantee they will not ask you. The other day I took my galliera to the beverly center LV. Had a really nice SA. She said that they do not have a repair dept there so she could either send it in and that could take 2-3 weeks or I could take to the Rodeo Dr. LV which is about 2 miles away and they have a repair dept. So I went over to the Rodeo Dr. LV. The SA that helped me (one of the managers) at first she tried to play dumb and said why do I want the rings replaced and I said they are defective and it was like all of a sudden she knew what I was talking about. So she was checking it in and she said it will be a week to 10 days. I must have had a WTF look on my face. She asked if everything was okay, or if that was too long. I said yeah that is way too long. She replied that they do not have to rings in stock. I told her that they told me that they had them in stock when I called (which I never even called) So she made a call and then all of a sudden they had them in stock. She then told me it would be ready on Monday. I really did not want to fight with her, so I said okay. She said they would call me on Monday. I told her I would be there on Monday to pick it up. Then since I had about 2 hours before I was going to meet a friend for dinner right down the street. I did not feel like driving home and then coming back to BH. So I just went to the back of the store and sat down on the couch. One of the other SA's I know asked why I was there. I told her. She said that it was total BS that it needs to take until Monday that it should only take 5 minutes to swap them out. She said the repair person was at lunch and would be back in a few minutes. So to just hang out, which I was already doing. Then about 15 minutes later they went to check to see if the repair person was back. About 10 minutes later I got my bag back with new rings.

Since the severe black marks around the ring area are a known manufacturing defect that they admitted to (and are fixing on people's bags free of charge) you could call up a boutique and ask. Maybe this could make the bag worth the $$$ to you.

Personally, I would just save up a little longer for one in better condition. The later released batch of Galliera's don't have that issue (I purchased one in Jan. and it's still near perfect, even with frequent use).

I also bought my mono galliera used. They never asked me for a receipt. But I cannot guarantee they will not ask you. The other day I took my galliera to the beverly center LV. Had a really nice SA. She said that they do not have a repair dept there so she could either send it in and that could take 2-3 weeks or I could take to the Rodeo Dr. LV which is about 2 miles away and they have a repair dept. So I went over to the Rodeo Dr. LV. The SA that helped me (one of the managers) at first she tried to play dumb and said why do I want the rings replaced and I said they are defective and it was like all of a sudden she knew what I was talking about. So she was checking it in and she said it will be a week to 10 days. I must have had a WTF look on my face. She asked if everything was okay, or if that was too long. I said yeah that is way too long. She replied that they do not have to rings in stock. I told her that they told me that they had them in stock when I called (which I never even called) So she made a call and then all of a sudden they had them in stock. She then told me it would be ready on Monday. I really did not want to fight with her, so I said okay. She said they would call me on Monday. I told her I would be there on Monday to pick it up. Then since I had about 2 hours before I was going to meet a friend for dinner right down the street. I did not feel like driving home and then coming back to BH. So I just went to the back of the store and sat down on the couch. One of the other SA's I know asked why I was there. I told her. She said that it was total BS that it needs to take until Monday that it should only take 5 minutes to swap them out. She said the repair person was at lunch and would be back in a few minutes. So to just hang out, which I was already doing. Then about 15 minutes later they went to check to see if the repair person was back. About 10 minutes later I got my bag back with new rings.

thanks, this gives me a little hope. did they ask you where the bag was purchased or did you just say you have a defective bag and no questions were asked? like sugarcookie suggested, i'll try to call the boutique tomorrow and ask if they've heard anything about the defects and offer any repairs.

thanks, this gives me a little hope. did they ask you where the bag was purchased or did you just say you have a defective bag and no questions were asked? like sugarcookie suggested, i'll try to call the boutique tomorrow and ask if they've heard anything about the defects and offer any repairs.

No questions asked.

Funny thing is I brought my friends galliera in the very next day. The SA said to me "how many of these do you have" I told her it was my friends bag. She should know all my friends carry LV. She laughed. It ended up the repair person was not there that day when I brought my friends bag in, so she has to bring it in another day.

hey guys, just an update. i talked to the store and they said that they can replace the rings for me if it's one of the first batches and the rings are causing the problem.

So are you going to get it? There is a slight chance that if it is really bad that they might even just replace the whole bag.

If they insist on looking you up in the computer. You can always say that you got it when on vacation in Hawaii. Hawaii's computers are not linked to the US. So there is no way that they can look it up.

$700 seems like a good deal. I have had my galliera for almost two years and I frequently clean it. The patina is close to yours and the marks on mine have been as black as yours too and they came clean. Yours can use a little conditioner though as in one pic it looked pretty dry. The inside, however, is a little grungy for my liking. I use a PurseIn organizer for mine and it looks brand new still.

In short, all purses will look used eventually.... even the new and improved ones (sorry girls). I have new rings and let me tell you they don't make a difference!!! When mine was new it took over 6 months of daily wear to develop the black marks, but once they come, they start appearing faster. There is no such thing as non-tarnishing brass, and coating wears off. $700 is a steal, if you don't mine pre-owned.

I would not carry that bag. The Galliera is a beautiful bag, but this one is not attractive at all. This is another perfect example of just how poorly this bag ages.

I would not carry that bag. The Galliera is a beautiful bag, but this one is not attractive at all. This is another perfect example of just how poorly this bag ages.

The galliera has sure been given a bad rep. So, I feel a need to defend it a bit. I don't think it is just the galliera that shows it age, it's all mono bags I think. Let's see some pics of 2-year old Tivioli GMs, speedies, and such that have been carried on a daily basis. I know for a fact that they don't look brand new either.

If you like the bag get it, and if you carry it, don't expect it to look brand new after a while. Here's mine after almost 2 years - not perfect but with character.:biggrin:

Attachments

• Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 68