What do you think about this as a pendant?

ShopAddikt

Must-not-shop
O.G.
Jan 19, 2009
Ive been seeing more and more coin type jewelry and Im thinking of getting this. Its a silver bar (also avail in gold) with fortuna, the roman goddess of luck that latches onto a bezel. Im not sure what style chain I'd put it on. Any opinions?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-12-14 at 11.00.44 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-12-14 at 11.00.44 PM.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Screen shot 2010-12-14 at 11.01.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-12-14 at 11.01.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 58
Heh, I have one of these: I keep mine as a keepsake rather than wearing it as a pendant, though (I don't know if you've seen them in person, but they're quite respectable in size - something like one inch by two inches, if I'm remembering correctly). On a long, slender chain, though, I think it could make for quite a conversation piece!

I love the pendant! I absolutely love ancient coin/mythological jewelry. I think it might look good on a silver rope chain.
Yeah I was thinking a rope chain as well!

Omg this would be gorgeous! Where did you come across such a piece? Are you asking opinions on the piece or what chain to put it on?

Both!!

These gold/silver bars are whats traded on the stock market. There are different variations of bars/coins but an ounce (the bar) is the minimum denomination. This one is swiss.

In my culture, when a girl gets married, she gets gold coins...literally could be thousands of dollars in 21-24kt gold...my sister recently got engaged and her fiance got her a gold coin and as a gift her future inlaws got her a diamond encrusted bezel with a necklace to hold her coin if she wants to wear it.