What do you think about MC alma?

Vicky2007

Chanel * Bal * LV
O.G.
Jan 2, 2007
What do you think about the white MC alma ? I got one and the patina is honey now. I always adore and love the MC bag but my problems are always with the patina. I sold my Azur speedy which I love it a lot but couldn't cope with the handle color changing process. Anyway, I miss it a lot and plan to buy another one in Saleya style.

Do you think the bag itself is beautiful? Should I sell her out?

Any opinions will be very appreciate. :flowers: Thanks a lot!

I wish I could understand why people don't like patina! Vachetta is lovely in all its phases...new, light, medium, dark, loved! It is really part of the mystique of LV! I say learn to love the patina and keep it! The MC Alma is a gorgeous bag. Try to equate the darker patina with a more mature LV love!

The Alma is one of my fave LV styles. If I were a woman and owned one, I would spray the bottom vachetta with Apple Guard or something to prevent from getting anything on it. :sweatdrop:

I wish I could understand why people don't like patina! Vachetta is lovely in all its phases...new, light, medium, dark, loved! It is really part of the mystique of LV! I say learn to love the patina and keep it! The MC Alma is a gorgeous bag. Try to equate the darker patina with a more mature LV love!

:lol: I never own any bags with dark patina before. I also got a MC speedy and the patina is still super light. It has been almost more than 3 years since I bought her.

I sold my Azur speedy becuase I saw a girl carried an azur bag with dark patina and I felt it's the ugly bag so I have sold her out before it was getting darker.

Maybe I will consider to own a LV bag until its patina almost dark and I may begin to like it :rolleyes:.

You can probably spray it with some water repellant but I would suggest trying it out first on some other bag so you would know how much to spray. It makes it repellant to water but will darken the vachetta very, very slightly...

I have the Alma and I love it to bits. But if you don't like the vachetta, then sell it and get a new one.

I had the Alma in white, but I found that since it was a structured bag, it was a bit heavy. And since I'm short I was always banging it against my leg. I wound up selling mine. I love the style, but it just didn't fit me.

I love it...it was the 2nd MC bag I got not long after they came out; I fell in LOVE when the SA took it out of the dustbag and showed it to me. It just glittered.
Anyway, mine has a medium patina and I've used it quite a lot, I really like pieces with a medium patina. If you don't like the color, I'd suggest you sell it and get a new one. The price has gone up quite a bit since then though, so what you sell it for may end up being just over half of what the new one will cost (unless that doesn't matter much for you, of course).

I also got a MC speedy and the patina is still super light. It has been almost more than 3 years since I bought her..[/quote]

i don't like patina on light colored bags as well, but how did you manage the MC's patina still light after 3 years? i wish my MC trouville will stay light after few years too:girlsigh::yes:

oh, i love the alma...if only i wasn't saving for another chanel flap i would buy an alma in damier or MC..congrats.. keep it it's such a lovely bag and uncommon shape now a days..but truly a classic

I love the MC Alma and I am a huge fan of patina .... so I'd keep it.

However, there is no point in you keeping if your not totally in love with it anymore and know for sure you will never use it again.

I also got a MC speedy and the patina is still super light. It has been almost more than 3 years since I bought her..[/quote]

i don't like patina on light colored bags as well, but how did you manage the MC's patina still light after 3 years? i wish my MC trouville will stay light after few years too:girlsigh::yes:

I never used her in summer when has the strong sunlight. I always wearing the glove when carrying her. I love this bag a lot and I don't wanna ended up sold her and buy a new one. :girlsigh:

Anyway, since bought I used her less than 10 times as I'm afriad it will getting dirty and moreover I always have a good take care of all my bags unless they are super practical for everyday use like Prada Nylon with super less care needed. :smile: