What do you think about Cartier La Donna watch

tokyogirl

Keanu!
O.G.
Jan 22, 2006
Thinkin about getting this -- do you have one? If so, do you like it? Shall I just get a more "traditional" Cartier watch? I kind of like the unique shape of this watch (inspired after a snake).

pic_id10039_no1_l.jpg

I have been stalking this watch for over a year. I Love it.
It is actually modeled after an alligator, having something to do with an actress or opera singer who wanted something made by Cartier for her to resemble a little alligator or crocodile. They came up with the famous wrap around watch when you open the mouth the inside shows the watch face (yuck!)

Anyway this is a gorgeous piece - I am looking to get it in the yellow or rose gold no diamonds. I have a diamond watch in white gold already and don't want to do a repeat.
If you go to the Cartier web site, it also comes with the same face but with leather straps which creates and entirely new look.

What else are you considering? Roadster? Tanks?

missrocks, sorry I dont have any modeling pics.

gelbergirl, happy to hear that I am not the only person eyeing this watch! You are right, it's a croc/alligator and not snake inspired. I saw the one with the burgundy croc straps at the site!
2296000043286.jpg

Ideally, I would love to have the rose gold, no diamonds, but have gone over budget recently with bags in recent months.

2216000471407_b.jpg

May have to settle for steel. I had a gold/silver Cartier demoiselle but sold it since it wasn't "working" for me. As to other Cartier watches, upon further reflection, I am not sure I like any of the others.

I have the la donna watch in large size, and just love it. it's such a unique shape and i get loads of compliment. i posted modeling pics in the jewelry reference under cartier pieces.