What do you shop when you're abroad?

Mediana

~Travelista~
O.G.
May 7, 2007
I always say that you can find anything in the US. That is also why I tend to shop a lot when I'm there, and I don't mean just clothes and shoes but more everyday things. I could even say that 95% of the things we have at home are bought abroad, except for big furniture. I don't even remember the last time I bought clothes here.

Last time I was in NYC I brought home a new sofa cover along with a bath rug and laundry detergent for silk. This may seem a bit odd, but I think shopping at home is boring and I seldom have the time. I wait until I'm on vacation to spend my money. It's so much more fun :smile:

But what do you people who live in the US shop? Do you buy things you can't find at home or things that you can find, but which is cheaper abroad.
Do you buy souvenirs or come home empty handed. Tell me.

Ok, I go first. This is what I always buy when I'm in the US since I can't get it in Sweden

Ziplocks
Clear Eyes
Bliss Super minty Soap'n scrub
Tylenol cold
Hershey's Hugs (Don't know why really, hmm)

I try to buy items that country is known for... for example, I just bought (a couple weeks ago) an exquisitely tooled leather jewelry box from Italy.

I also buy local style clothes and shoes and bags, design books or a food specialty....for instance in Spain I buy Camper shoes, Zara clothes, design books about street art....hum and cigarettes...
In the US I´ll buy american cosmetics and Nike trainers. In England I buy baked beans and orange marmelade, industrial design books, and go mad at Topshop !
In France I get french brands clothing and LV (hihi....)