What do you say when someone asks how much your bag costs?

1. This really burns me up. Not when a friend or someone who you can tell is really interested in buying a bag. But, when relatives or other people comment or actually come right and ask you "how much did you pay for that?" People (family, friends, etc.) actually ask me how much I paid and then shake their heads like I'm crazy for spending that much on a bag. Does this P--s you off like it does me????? I can never think of a good comback-especially to family or friends. Why can't they just mind their business and not worry about what I spend my money on?????? AAAARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!! :censor: :censor:

Sorry bout the rant. :rant: :rant:

2. "More than you can afford pal! Louis Vuitton!" hehe..i'm JOKING!~(car joke) :graucho: :lol:

I just say I love it and that is all that matters! :flowers:

3. I wouldn't answer that personally.
    It's a rude question coming from some people. . . and we know who they are! LOL!
    Some people. . . I don't mind talking candidly about money with, but not others.
    I'd lie and say it was a gift or just tell them you don't want to talk about it.

4. I feel so uncomfortable in these situations.. I usually don't even tell my closest friends. One of my friends loves handbags as much as I do and we talk about it. I picked up the line "Oh, that's not important," from her, but that usually doesn't stop the questions. Usually I ignore it, just say that I can't remember, or that it was a gift.. which is kind of rude, but I hate when people ask!

5. Depends on the situation but most of the time they are in dis******belief.:graucho:
    Hard to grasp unless you have the same passion. Wait until I purchase my Birkin(s)......:shocked:

6. my usual is "too much but it was worth it to me."
    works well; but yes, it does tick me off because i do get that look from certain peoiple

7. I ignore people when they ask. If they keep asking, I keep ignoring them. They eventually stop.

8. That's happened to me many times (not just with a purse) and I usually say "probably more than I should have" and just laugh...

Only once did someone not get the hint and kept pushing it and I finally said "I really don't care to discuss prices" and left it at that. She didn't ask me again.

What bugs me is when I compliment someone on something like their coat and they'll say "I got a deal on it -- it was 50% off!" Why bother mentioning it at all? Just a pet peeve of mine. :P

9. I would only tell someone who also buys designer bags & would be interested in getting one as well.

10. Yea, but I'm talking about people you Can't ignore, like, mother-in-laws, sister-in-laws, people like that. What do you say to them?? Cause It just KILLS me................

11. My mom always said to just say it was a gift.

12. I know what you mean. Very few people understand why we would pay for a good handbag and it is embarassing if someone who doesn't have financial means asks.
    Either way it is a rude question. I was taught you don't discuss money with people.

13. I say I don't remember.

14. I have an upcoming family wedding, my plans are to say, you know I got it on eBay and I honestly don't remember.
    Also, pretending you didn't hear the question and changing the subject is another plan.

15. I just tell them "You don't want to know!" It seems to end the conversation right then and there.:lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice