What do you say when people ask how much you paid for the Spy?

lucidbabe

O.G.
May 15, 2006
:roflmfao: Had been carrying my new chocco Spy for the last week and hoping to stay undercover like how it was with my B -bags... BUT it appears that most people know what it is ... even in Singapore where I have only seen 2 real ones in the last few months....
soooooo, what do you say when people ask you point blank how much you paid for it? so far, I have declined to answer .. :hysteric: the first query I had was met with an awkward pause...
what is a quick witty way to answer? I really like my bag but I am beginning to be embarrassed by the pointed questions....
there was a lady at a lunch time seminar whom just pointed at my bag and said: "wow, you have it... I had to fly to Tokyo to get it for a friend! and then asked me how much I paid for it!"..then the whole table just stopped their lunch and looked expectantly at me. :rant:

:yes: I know what you mean...I think it's a sensitive issue when it comes to handbags. You don't want people to think you're crazy for spending so much on a bag, but then someone who appreciates what a bag is worth and how much it means to it's owner will understand why we spend so much on our prized possessions. I think it can be a little rude for a complete stranger to ask what you have spent on your handbag, if someone were to ask me I would just say it was expensive and then tell them to go to Fendi and see or try one on in person....we have a right to enjoy wearing our bags without people making us feel bad, guilty or embarassed. I personally own expensive and non expensive bags and they are ALL special to me...I guess that's what being a Handbag Addict is all about!:lol:

I laugh and smile....and say you are kidding right?? That is like asking a woman how much she weighs...come on now!!! A woman never tells, isnt it pretty though??:nuts:

I was asked tis very question by a salegirl in Harrod's once (toy dept), and I just told her £xxx and she was like, wowww I'll never spend that much on a bag. DUH.

I didn't ask her did I?! :rant:

Next time, I'll just not say! :Push: