What do you say when people ask how much you paid for the Spy?

1. :roflmfao: Had been carrying my new chocco Spy for the last week and hoping to stay undercover like how it was with my B -bags... BUT it appears that most people know what it is ... even in Singapore where I have only seen 2 real ones in the last few months....
    soooooo, what do you say when people ask you point blank how much you paid for it? so far, I have declined to answer .. :hysteric: the first query I had was met with an awkward pause...
    what is a quick witty way to answer? I really like my bag but I am beginning to be embarrassed by the pointed questions....
    there was a lady at a lunch time seminar whom just pointed at my bag and said: "wow, you have it... I had to fly to Tokyo to get it for a friend! and then asked me how much I paid for it!"..then the whole table just stopped their lunch and looked expectantly at me. :rant:

2. :yes: I know what you mean...I think it's a sensitive issue when it comes to handbags. You don't want people to think you're crazy for spending so much on a bag, but then someone who appreciates what a bag is worth and how much it means to it's owner will understand why we spend so much on our prized possessions. I think it can be a little rude for a complete stranger to ask what you have spent on your handbag, if someone were to ask me I would just say it was expensive and then tell them to go to Fendi and see or try one on in person....we have a right to enjoy wearing our bags without people making us feel bad, guilty or embarassed. I personally own expensive and non expensive bags and they are ALL special to me...I guess that's what being a Handbag Addict is all about!:lol:

3. I just say "I'd rather not say" or "I am not telling" and they don't ask any more.

4. I laugh and smile....and say you are kidding right?? That is like asking a woman how much she weighs...come on now!!! A woman never tells, isnt it pretty though??:nuts:

5. i just say, "I don't remember :shrugs:." :lol:

6. ^^Me too. I usually say something like "I'm don't remember" or "Not sure, it was a gift".

7. I usually say, I don't recall and change the subject. I want them to get the point that I didn't like that they asked me.

8. I was asked tis very question by a salegirl in Harrod's once (toy dept), and I just told her £xxx and she was like, wowww I'll never spend that much on a bag. DUH.

I didn't ask her did I?! :rant:

Next time, I'll just not say! :Push:

9. I always say, "Oh, I'm really not sure. It was a gift." That usually ends it. I think it's rude to ask anyone how much they spent on anything.

10. I say, i paid a very very pretty penny for it :lol:

11. It kind of depends on who's asking, usually I just tell the truth and stare them down while at it, so far nobody's replied with more then an "Oh"

12. This happened to me this week.
    I said,
    "It's Fendi!" but I was being a smartass and knew the person really well ;)

13. No one has ever asked me how much it cost ... usually they just say that it's a beautiful bag. Some even knew that it was a Fendi so I think they already knew its price.

14. I LOVE that reply!!!

15. Usually I just give a rough range of the price.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice